Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

iPad Users Looking For Your Feedback

Honestly its not an issue, I am sure I could go through 4-5 full Evo battery flights and have the controller battery life to spare, I think I lose around 15-20% life on the controller per full flight..

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
iPad 4 mini failed on two missions this week in south Texas due to overheating. I've loved this iPad and have had it for I think 4 years. Flown countless missions mostly using Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro usually with either Litchi or Pix4D Capture. Have only had the Evo II Pro for a few weeks and have only used my iPhone 13Pro with it, so the failures were both DJI/Pix4D missions (one P4Pro, one M2Pro) but in both cases, Pix4D just bounced out of the app mid-flight. I was able to halt the mission with the RC pause button and just fly back to me. I didn't know to even blame the heat until I got an actual heat / shutdown warning from the iPad after the 2nd instance. I think the most recent iOS update may be causing this problem. It was > 90 degrees and over 80% humidity but the first shutdown it wasn't even terribly sunny. I've flown missions in hotter/sunnier weather without a problem.

Reactions: SixStarsDrone
iPad 4 mini failed on two missions this week in south Texas due to overheating. I've loved this iPad and have had it for I think 4 years. Flown countless missions mostly using Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro usually with either Litchi or Pix4D Capture. Have only had the Evo II Pro for a few weeks and have only used my iPhone 13Pro with it, so the failures were both DJI/Pix4D missions (one P4Pro, one M2Pro) but in both cases, Pix4D just bounced out of the app mid-flight. I was able to halt the mission with the RC pause button and just fly back to me. I didn't know to even blame the heat until I got an actual heat / shutdown warning from the iPad after the 2nd instance. I think the most recent iOS update may be causing this problem. It was > 90 degrees and over 80% humidity but the first shutdown it wasn't even terribly sunny. I've flown missions in hotter/sunnier weather without a problem.

Hopefully you’ll be able to determine what in the update caused the overheating. Sounds like the iPad mini was very reliable prior.

I’ve been using my EVO II Pro for only a few weeks now and I’ve very quickly determined that a Samsung S10 is way too small. I’m considering an iPad mini and wanted to get some feedback from current and previous iPad mini users.

I’m not necessarily anti-Android, but I don’t like the idea that the RC charges the tablet. Options to address this seem to be an auxiliary power supply connected to the RC or a modified USB cable.

I’ve considered a Tripltek 8 Pro since that seems to be the “go to” drone tablet but like a lot of people the $800 price tag is a bit daunting.

What are the pros and cons of using an iPad mini? I know that some feel that an iPad mini is not bright enough but I’d have to imagine that brightness, like many other things, is very subjective. I’d also imagine that the environment that the iPad mini will be used in would be a factor.

Looks like the Generation 5 & 6 iPad mini has 500 nits where the Tripltek is 1200+. Looks like a new Generation 6 iPad mini is in the $400 range. Thoughts?
I haven't been able to get my gen6 mini ipad to connect to the evo pro 2 6k. I'm told it has something to do with the hardware change to usb c instead of lightning. Please make sure hardware/software compatibility is also seamless when making your decision.

I haven't been able to get my gen6 mini ipad to connect to the evo pro 2 6k. I'm told it has something to do with the hardware change to usb c instead of lightning. Please make sure hardware/software compatibility is also seamless when making your decision.
That is good to know because I was considering a new iPad mini. Apple doesn’t use lightning on the new mini?

Has anyone successfully used a Generation 6 iPad mini? @Gwarren believes that it won’t connect because of the USB-C connector.

If not should I stick with a Generation 5?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marshall@DRONE