Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

iPad Pro 12.9.

Wieg1

Reaction score
Has anyone tested the new iPad Pro 12.9 with Evo 2 and Autel Explorer? How is the visibility in daylight? General impressions?

Has anyone tested the new iPad Pro 12.9 with Evo 2 and Autel Explorer? How is the visibility in daylight? General impressions?

I have not personally checked it out, but if you compare brightness in nits to the iPad mini which I do have, then its only 100 nits brighter than my iPad mini so about 20% brighter. My iPad mini even with an anti-glare screen is pretty much impossible to see in direct sunlight, I always need to find shade or try to face away from the sun; I don't think a 20% increase would change that.

Also, the Tripletek tablet which is considered the gold standard for drone tablets is 1200nits so twice as bright as the iPad Pro. Long story short, IMO the iPad Pro would not make a good drone tablet.

i agree with the tripletek being the pick. I also used the new 12.9. Its ok in the shade but a bit heavy and ungainly mounted to the controller. I would use it when i was sitting and just have it on my lap on on table.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jstewie86