Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Anybody Use Neat Video Noise Reduction software?

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
Was wondering if it really works and if it does how good would it be for night flights where noise in video would be at its highest?
Comment below and thanks

Was wondering if it really works and if it does how good would it be for night flights where noise in video would be at its highest?
Comment below and thanks

@Agustine the site allows you to DL a demo. If you try it let me know how it works. You can also do some of the same things with various settings in Premiere if you are using it. IE: crushing the blacks, sharpening, etc.

LOL
Ya I have a full version. Don't ask how but yes it is the latest. I need to get some video in low light to see if it helps. Played with it some and it is very taxing on my PC but doable :)
Will update when I find some more time.

Reactions: jcommstudios
Had some video from early this morning just as the sun was coming up. Using my Anafi which does not handle low light very well I decided to run the video through the Neat video plug in for Adobe Premiere Pro.
First off it is still processing so the out come is still up in the air but if the preview is even close to the final video I would say it works very well. I will also say I probably will not update my post till tomorrow some time. :) The processing power you need is beyond my computer so it is going to take some time to finish. :rolleyes:

Reactions: jcommstudios
This was done using all the Auto settings. I suppose if I really knew what I was doing I could have adjusted some settings in manual ?
To see the difference I had to watch in full screen on my monitor.
Left is the Neat Plug In & Right is the original clip.

Perhaps a low light night street scene might put more grain in the frame so that the app can show more improvement. I watched closely on the video and they are, at least for my eyes, too close to say which is which without your 'hint.' To me the unaltered video looks sharper.

Any further tests on this? Cheers

Not on my part sorry. With my aging computer I found rendering times unacceptable. 5 minute videos would take 6 or 7 hours to render and in the end if it did not help then you just waisted all that time for nothing.

Not on my part sorry. With my aging computer I found rendering times unacceptable. 5 minute videos would take 6 or 7 hours to render and in the end if it did not help then you just waisted all that time for nothing.
Yes, any noise reduction is a process hungry beast. I use noise reduction in Resolve and FCPX often. It can be very effective to clean up an unacceptable clip to make it usable. I have not used Neat, but I have heard good things about it.
My iMac Pro rips though noise reduction very efficiently, but my previous system would have taken hours to do the same. Even so, I use it sparingly.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials