Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Any cool Christmas presents? What did you get?

Just curious if any got cool presents. This is something I got for Christmas. Not tremendous reviews but should still be cool.
Costco Wholesale
Weather stations are fun, especially if you have fast changing weather. I think you’ll enjoy it, congrats. LaCross doesn’t have a great reputation for durability, but all I know is the Hawaiian environment, which is wet, warm, with 30% more UV than the mainland. UV destroys these plastics! Ironically, the main issue with all weather stations is truly being able to withstand weather, LOL. My LaCross lasted 18 months, my replacement lasted 6 yrs, but it cost 3x more! You may fare better, fingers crossed. The App is nice...

Since we just kinda sorta not-quite-finished-moved, we didn’t get presents this year. The AZ house was very thoughtful giving us a gift though. A $3K main water feed plumbing leak requiring cutting into 3 freshly painted walls. Jack Daniels made it feel better though...until the next morning :(

Reactions: Tufargon
Weather stations are fun, especially if you have fast changing weather. I think you’ll enjoy it, congrats. LaCross doesn’t have a great reputation for durability, but all I know is the Hawaiian environment, which is wet, warm, with 30% more UV than the mainland. UV destroys these plastics! Ironically, the main issue with all weather stations is truly being able to withstand weather, LOL. My LaCross lasted 18 months, my replacement lasted 6 yrs, but it cost 3x more! You may fare better, fingers crossed. The App is nice...

Since we just kinda sorta not-quite-finished-moved, we didn’t get presents this year. The AZ house was very thoughtful giving us a gift though. A $3K main water feed plumbing leak requiring cutting into 3 freshly painted walls. Jack Daniels made it feel better though...until the next morning :(
I've owned quite a few of La Crosse items also and agree. The sun here in the summer is actually quite similar to there. It's the high desert here and in direct sun i've seen 140 + temps directly on the outdoor unit. The screen burnt out pretty dang fast. I'll need to place these items in better places for sure.
You definately need water there!!! Especially after having Jack the night before!! Cheers lol!!

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I've owned quite a few of La Crosse items also and agree. The sun here in the summer is actually quite similar to there. It's the high desert here and in direct sun i've seen 140 + temps directly on the outdoor unit. The screen burnt out pretty dang fast. I'll need to place these items in better places for sure.
You definately need water there!!! Especially after having Jack the night before!! Cheers lol!!
TY, yes indeed...Fixed one leaked, discovered another. Leaks are in ground outside (not in slab, thankfully), but finding the offending pipe, capping it, then rerouting a new one is the $$$ part :(. Check the Docs, I don’t think the LaC can handle that kinda heat?? 140F Holy____. How cold does it get in winter?

I feel for ya. I woke this morning to no water. On a well and it could be a number of things. Pressure switch, pressure tank, pump, blown fuse or a cracked line. After a series of checks it seems to be the pressure tank. Guessing the bladder is shot. Will not hold air and weights a ton so its saturated. New one is about $159 bucks which is not bad but the hard part is getting all the old fittings off without busting a nut. Ya just gotta love country living :)

I feel for ya. I woke this morning to no water. On a well and it could be a number of things. Pressure switch, pressure tank, pump, blown fuse or a cracked line. After a series of checks it seems to be the pressure tank. Guessing the bladder is shot. Will not hold air and weights a ton so its saturated. New one is about $159 bucks which is not bad but the hard part is getting all the old fittings off without busting a nut. Ya just gotta love country living :)
OMG. And it’s a tad colder for you too. So sorry. I’ve been working outside in 30’s-40’s for 3 days, *itching the whole time. Compared to you @5Fgeeeeez. The parts aren’t really the issue for most plumbing issues are they? (unless I need 200’ of copper pipe), it’s the bloody labor. With the help of a plumber I know, working for cash off books, we are going to try a Hail Mary. We’re gonna try to snake a 1/2” pipe thru a leaky 3/4” pipe, and a 3/8” pipe thru a leaky 1/2” pipe. They are pretty much straight-shots, no joints. If there are no kinks it could work, saving $$$$$$ in repiping. I hate slab foundations mainly for this reason. Won’t try until next week. Right now no leaks, but no hot water in kitchen and nearest bathroom. Livable. I hope you can get your old hardware out w/o problems. That took us 4 hrs today, just to cap a leaky pipe. Best of luck!!

About ten years ago we had no snow but -40 degree weather. Water lines froze and septics froze. The frost went real deep that year. It was tough on a lot of us out here. Had a fire going on my septic tank for 3 days just to be able to get the lid off. If ya want to smell something real nice just boil your septic tank innards LOL
A skunk smells a heck of a lot better :)

Good luck with your project. I am sitting here looking out my front window with a snowstorm that will leave a foot of snow before its done. Think I will crack open another beer ;)

TY, yes indeed...Fixed one leaked, discovered another. Leaks are in ground outside (not in slab, thankfully), but finding the offending pipe, capping it, then rerouting a new one is the $$$ part :(. Check the Docs, I don’t think the LaC can handle that kinda heat?? 140F Holy____. How cold does it get in winter?
When I first moved to AZ we had a water leak under the driveway and had to cut about a foot wide cut through it to patch it up. That was a pain in the a$$.
It was actually about 103F out but just sitting there in direct sun it kept getting hotter. It shut off at that point (when it was reading 142-3) but it actually started to work again. I had to peel and break off the front plastic over the digital numbers because it was black from the sun and I couldn't see the numbers anymore. It gets down to about 12F here in the worst part of winter but we're in the banana belt so there is not much snow.

That sounds like a royal pain in the a$$ too!! lol
And cheers!

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
This started about 8AM this morning. Nothing new for where I live but it just adds to that pain in the a$$ as I have been out twice trying to keep the driveway clear. Time for another beer :)

2017_0119_194734_001.JPG

LOL
Little kids these day have no idea on how to cash in on days like this. Hell I used to make 30-50 bucks just going up and down the street and knocking on the doors asking if they wanted their driveway done for a fee. The old man had to buy extra shovels back then as I wore them out. :)
Now a days the kids could care less and in front of their xbox games.

About ten years ago we had no snow but -40 degree weather. Water lines froze and septics froze. The frost went real deep that year. It was tough on a lot of us out here. Had a fire going on my septic tank for 3 days just to be able to get the lid off. If ya want to smell something real nice just boil your septic tank innards LOL
A skunk smells a heck of a lot better :)

Good luck with your project. I am sitting here looking out my front window with a snowstorm that will leave a foot of snow before its done. Think I will crack open another beer ;)
WOW.... That’s a story I promise you I will repeat. It will need no embellishment, but I will change the name to thwart Facebookers, LOL. So, no marshmallow roasting?

When I first moved to AZ we had a water leak under the driveway and had to cut about a foot wide cut through it to patch it up. That was a pain in the a$$.
It was actually about 103F out but just sitting there in direct sun it kept getting hotter. It shut off at that point (when it was reading 142-3) but it actually started to work again. I had to peel and break off the front plastic over the digital numbers because it was black from the sun and I couldn't see the numbers anymore. It gets down to about 12F here in the worst part of winter but we're in the banana belt so there is not much snow.
12F is damn cold enough! Stay warm!

Well got myself dug out from last nights snow storm. Just around a foot and a half fell over night. Finding a door that would open up to the outside I ended up using the deck sliding door. Fought with the snowblower for a while as its old and don't like to start but once it does its a beast at blowing snow. Did the deck, driveway and the walkways. Snowplow still did not go by so I went in get warm and had some bread dough ready to be made into bread. Thirty five minutes later fresh bread and still no snowplow and I needed to get to town to pick up a new water pressure tank. So off I go to lowes and of course they don't have the one on their web page that said it was in stock so I ended up getting better one for 50 bucks more. Think I will wait till tomorrow to tackle that job as I'm pretty much done in for the day. My son is coming out tomorrow so he can give me a hand and maybe he will learn something about plumbing. Was hoping to get a fast flight in with all this fresh snow but the wind is picking up so f..... it :)

2018-12-28 10.08.58.jpg

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo