Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Android Pie Support?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2128
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2128

Well, I have two phones I can use while flying my new EVO and it appears the one with Android 7.1 works consistently, but the one with Android 9.0 seems to be a problem. Constantly disconnects requiring complete restart by drone, RC, app and sometimes the phone...

Just to be clear - I have made sure the EVO is completely FW updated (and every battery too).

Anyone else notice this or heard when Android 9 will be supported?

Well, I have two phones I can use while flying my new EVO and it appears the one with Android 7.1 works consistently, but the one with Android 9.0 seems to be a problem. Constantly disconnects requiring complete restart by drone, RC, app and sometimes the phone...

Just to be clear - I have made sure the EVO is completely FW updated (and every battery too).

Anyone else notice this or heard when Android 9 will be supported?

That scares me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and just got the OTA update a few days ago and elected to update to Android Pie 9.0.

I sent an email to Autel asking if there were any issues with 9.0. I haven't flown due to weather but hopefully it's not a problem. Have you already reached out to Autel? I know that my Xiaomi 4K Drone no longer connects. I should have known better.

Last edited:
That scares me. I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and just got the OTA update a few days ago and elected to update to Android Pie 9.0.

I sent an email to Autel asking if there were any issues with 9.0. I haven't flown due to weather but hopefully it's not a problem. Have you already reached out to Autel? I know that my Xiaomi 4K Drone no longer connects. I should have known better.

Yeah - I called in and talked to Alejandro... From his response, I got the impression that Android 9 support hadn't even been a topic of discussion at Autel. Granted, this was probably 3 months ago, so things may very well have changed, but as of the latest Explorer app update (V1.0.1.19) and latest EVO firmware update (V1.3.46) the problems I experienced are still occurring. Ultimately, since you have a different phone, your mileage may vary.

Full disclosure: I have a MOTO X4.

My phone got Android 9 fairly early, so I was hoping that once more manufacturers adopted it for other phones, support from Autel would be forthcoming - We'll see, I guess...

I'd definitely be interested to hear how you fair the next time you fly (It never takes long for the drone to Disconnect - out of the 10 or so times I have tried flying with this phone, I have only had a normal flight once. And that was a pretty short flight - 5 minutes, I think). I'd also be interested to see what Autel comes back with now that Android 9 has been around a little longer. It could be that my problems are entirely unrelated, but I have a sneaking suspicion that that isn't the case (especially since you've found you can't even connect to your Xiaomi drone since the update)...

I just updated my note 8 to Android 9 and it flew fine with 3 batteries. Perhaps the previous issues were resolved?

I just updated my note 8 to Android 9 and it flew fine with 3 batteries. Perhaps the previous issues were resolved?

It could just be my MOTO X4 not playing well with the app... Did your Note 8 work OK with the drone before you updated to Pie?

It could just be my MOTO X4 not playing well with the app... Did your Note 8 work OK with the drone before you updated to Pie?
No it worked exactly the same before and after the OS upgrade.

Worth noting though that Android 9 has been out over 6 months now and Samsung are always notorious for slow updates so it's entirely likely the bugs in either the OS or application have been weeded out since it's initial release.

I've had at least 6-8 flights on Oreo, and 3-4 flights on Pie with no problems except text msgs from my wife answering my "Don't text me, I'm flying my drone" text.

Using a Samsung Note 9 (Verizon).

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy