Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Always filter your images

elphtrooper

Reaction score
Always filter your images before processing. I know it is easy to get complacent and I have seen the effects of it myself a few times but any images that has a moderate amount of blur will harm the reconstruction. Basically you are introducing bad data instead of just letting the surrounding data stitch across. This one is new to me using an electronic shutter. I have never seen this before with other similar cameras. This one was easy to spot, lol. First one in 3500 photos so no consequence just an oddity for the day.

1652380978548.png

Reactions: Dave Pitman
Always filter your images before processing. I know it is easy to get complacent and I have seen the effects of it myself a few times but any images that has a moderate amount of blur will harm the reconstruction. Basically you are introducing bad data instead of just letting the surrounding data stitch across.

Good point. Metashape assigns a "quality" value to all photos and the then you can manually filter out images with values lower than what you would like. Having to look at 1000's of images manually for blur would be daunting.

Reactions: elphtrooper
Good point. Metashape assigns a "quality" value to all photos and the then you can manually filter out images with values lower than what you would like. Having to look at 1000's of images manually for blur would be daunting.
True and it is going to matter less and less the larger the site. It's most noticeable when doing intricate modeling. You'll see strange deformations and blurry textures. The human eye and brain are pretty damn quick and you're really only looking for the really bad ones so you should be able to do 1K in about 10-15 minutes. Just like everything else we all do it comes down to what is necessary.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwoody