Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Alternate To Evo

bfackrell

Reaction score
Hi. I just read a good thread discussing how Autel has made it difficult/impossible to get replacement parts. Can anyone recommend a good, comparable drone where the manufacturer makes it reasonably doable for us mechicaly inclined folks to do our own repairs?

I just crashed my Evo II and bent the the motor assembly. I'm finding it difficult to replace this. As far as I can tell, I have to replace the entire arm which seems to require major disassembly of the entire aircraft! WTF? I enjoy working on things like this but it seems a bit retarded to have to disable the entire body just to repair a motor.

Hi. I just read a good thread discussing how Autel has made it difficult/impossible to get replacement parts. Can anyone recommend a good, comparable drone where the manufacturer makes it reasonably doable for us mechicaly inclined folks to do our own repairs?

I just crashed my Evo II and bent the the motor assembly. I'm finding it difficult to replace this. As far as I can tell, I have to replace the entire arm which seems to require major disassembly of the entire aircraft! WTF? I enjoy working on things like this but it seems a bit retarded to have to disable the entire body just to repair a motor.

No drone except a DIY homebuilt drone is easy to fix IMO unless you move up to the enterprise class such as the Matrice series from DJI. EVO and Mavic sized drones are tightly integrated and to get the smallest piece replaced is a major undertaking; it is just the nature of working with such small parts.

You can sometimes find used drone parts on eBay or at companies that do drone repairs like Vertigo Drones.

My understanding is that they wil not sell parts to resellers/repair centers either. They require them to send i the drone to them for repair. Where they will take their sweet time repairing it. Might understand this for warranty repair, but not at all supportive of the customer's needs. AR really needs to step up their customer support. The are making it easy for DJI.

Reactions: JoeLypowy
My understanding is that they wil not sell parts to resellers/repair centers either. They require them to send i the drone to them for repair. Where they will take their sweet time repairing it. Might understand this for warranty repair, but not at all supportive of the customer's needs. AR really needs to step up their customer support. The are making it easy for DJI.
Sometimes people sell used parts or "for parts only" on EBay.

It's also just not worth Autel or DJI's time to run a parts business for such a small demand.
Yes, that would be asking to much of a company to actually care about the people that bought their junk and kept those ungrateful pukes in a pay check.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34