Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Alternate Evo II transmitter/controller?

nil

Reaction score
Has anybody seen this FCC filing of an “EF8” transmitter from Autel? Maybe there were plans for a new transmitter that got scrapped or delayed?

Or maybe it’s just a China-only version? It looks to be more ergonomic than the current transmitter, which is listed as “EF7” on the same site.

There’s also references to it in this alternate version of the Evo II manual (PDF): https://fccid.io/2AGNTEF8RC2409A/User-Manual/User-Manual-4528205.pdf

EB5345E5-AE12-4854-B361-943B35718AD8.jpeg7EB81505-CCCD-44A5-8F66-CC1BF7C02474.jpeg54C7B45E-5CB7-4C13-85C0-64D2F52C9A2E.jpeg41E7B2BB-BAD9-4A94-8601-DF101A49508D.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike
Looks interesting .....
I like the fact that the transmitter has a tablet (Hopefully ) holder BELOW the screen.

If you look at the phone/tablet holder on the left side you can see a built in USB port, but I can't tell what connection type. While cable-free operations would be nice, that seems like a terrible idea.

That said, I would love to see a larger screen on a smart controller. Also dual bands would be nice. And heck, longer sticks since I'm making a wish list.

is it possible to use the older transmitter that was offered with the larger quadcopter , on my new evo 1 or 2 drones. ?

Last edited:
Tiko...
as long as you are "wishing" !
I sometimes miss my Typhoon H S16 controller. Everything in one.
I would like to see Autel offer something like that.
With that controller I got used to using the switches by touch with out having to look down at the screen.
Beginner, GPS, and return to home on one switch (Up, Middle and Down)
Add a 6" built in screen. (Bright 1000 LCD Screen)
Obstacle Avoidance on/off switch
Add a SMOOTH Yaw control dial
But just half as big ! ?

I asked Autel about it months ago and got a We don,t know anything answer

ok , i do like a larger controller, but the stock system is also nice for hiking with in the soft bag

In the EVO ll Rugged case there are cutouts for different accessories, the lower tray has a the largest cut out for "future controller".

• Wow
Interesting that the manual mentions "2.4ghz or 900mhz"...which leads me to believe 900mhz is not an option for the US, I could be wrong, there may be a narrow slice of that band available for drones.

HDMI out likely not going to happen as it would rob sales of their stand alone Live Deck.

Interesting that the manual mentions "2.4ghz or 900mhz"...which leads me to believe 900mhz is not an option for the US, I could be wrong, there may be a narrow slice of that band available for drones.

HDMI out likely not going to happen as it would rob sales of their stand alone Live Deck.
The 900mhz was left for SAR and first responders. You, as a civilian, only get 2.4Ghz.

The 900mhz was left for SAR and first responders. You, as a civilian, only get 2.4Ghz.
What are the advantages of the 900 MHz band?

Not to nitpick, but SAR and first responders are civilians too unless they’re in the military. :D

I’m thinking that maybe there was a plan for a new remote with the EVO II that didn’t quite make it on time.

What are the advantages of the 900 MHz band?

Not to nitpick, but SAR and first responders are civilians too unless they’re in the military. :D
Less interference, therefore more range. I don't understand all the mumbo jumbo behind it, but that's the simple answer.

• Haha
Hi!
900 MHz has less bandwidth (so may one will get a less detailed or less smooth Live Video) but has *far* superior Penetration and range using the same amount of energy.

So it would be great as a choice but due to frequency regulations in most countries that wont happen.
AND i doubt the current Antennas on RC & AC would be usable for 900 MHz, dont know about the Rx/Tx Hardware.

Greetings!

Ender

Last edited:
No, that's where you hold it... tablet , phone go up the top...

Well, we all have seen "wild" 3D printed constructions on the DJI RC's there is always hope that someone got an idea for those wanting the screen at the bottom, lets see :)

Ender

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58