Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Alright a new evo owner from Canada!

jcmarceau

Reaction score
Just bought the on the go bundle + evo drone (special for holidays from carolinadronz) the same special as the one from autel site 999$ total for the drone and bundle.
I added the extension usb cable for ios, nanuk case, ipad holder for remote, nd filters 4-8-16-cpl from freewell, another micro sd card sandisk extreme 128g and polar pro nd32 filter, landing pad from freewell, sunshade for tablet.

I should be good to go:p

Reactions: witt
Just bought the on the go bundle + evo drone (special for holidays from carolinadronz) the same special as the one from autel site 999$ total for the drone and bundle.
I added the extension usb cable for ios, nanuk case, ipad holder for remote, nd filters 4-8-16-cpl from freewell, another micro sd card sandisk extreme 128g and polar pro nd32 filter, landing pad from freewell, sunshade for tablet.

I should be good to go:p
the 128g card was a smart move..after a few flights I ran out of space on the 32..you really dont need the filter pack..and I got my case from a thrift shop..one with a zipper, the polar nd32 is the only filter you will ever need if that..2 xtra batts are a must..and first flight just take it up and dont git fancy make sure your RTH works horizon,and do your cam tilts for smoothness,and do try out the remote with out the tablet or phone/trust me, thats half the fun, your hands will feel naked..lol'

Attachments

• MAX_0013.JPG
    MAX_0013.JPG
    4.9 MB · Views: 17
I bought my Yuneec Q500 a few years ago from Frank. I was charged a extra 210 bucks to get it out of jail.
I have bought Autel batteries in the States and I get charged anywhere from 22 - 28 bucks depending on the exchange rate. Hope you get a better deal on duty then I have experienced.

I will never deal with drone works, thats just me as I have no use for them but I guess others do. Frank at CarolinaDronz is the best in my opinion.

Reactions: witt
I just pulled the trigger on it myself. I wanted the Rugged Bundle, but ended up getting the regular Evo for the free add-on bundle, picked up an extra battery, hard case, ND filters and a gimble cover. Only paid $22 more than i would have for the Rugged Bundle, and have 4 batteries, 2 cases 4 props and the filters. Can't wait to get my dirty mitts on it!... After waffling over a Mavic 2 Zoom I realized that I wouldn't even be able to fly in my own back yard... Looking at what else is out there, I'm happy. Still not going to look at the prices on Black Friday tho.

Reactions: Harleymhs
I just pulled the trigger on it myself. I wanted the Rugged Bundle, but ended up getting the regular Evo for the free add-on bundle, picked up an extra battery, hard case, ND filters and a gimble cover. Only paid $22 more than i would have for the Rugged Bundle, and have 4 batteries, 2 cases 4 props and the filters. Can't wait to get my dirty mitts on it!... After waffling over a Mavic 2 Zoom I realized that I wouldn't even be able to fly in my own back yard... Looking at what else is out there, I'm happy. Still not going to look at the prices on Black Friday tho.
Yep..fly any where any time you want...ah, the freedom from DJI nfz garbage.

Attachments

• IMG_20180624_104637.jpg
    IMG_20180624_104637.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 11
Yep..fly any where any time you want...ah, the freedom from DJI nfz garbage.

Crazy that they restrict where, when and how to their supposed "Professional" client and customer base fly... If they weren't so expensive, I could see them still being in business five years from now. As it is, In five years I hope to be flying drones professionally in some fashion, but It still won't be a DJI, just because of this experience with them.

Did you get an aftermarket gimbal cover? Hate the stock one! UGH

Crazy that they restrict where, when and how to their supposed "Professional" client and customer base fly... If they weren't so expensive, I could see them still being in business five years from now. As it is, In five years I hope to be flying drones professionally in some fashion, but It still won't be a DJI, just because of this experience with them.
I just pulled the trigger on one myself, today. Was sooo close to a M2 Zoom, but living in the mother of all NFZs (just outside DC), I just didn't feel like having to plan a roadtrip just to get some flight time.

Did you get an aftermarket gimbal cover? Hate the stock one! UGH

Yes!! I was creeping on here before I went for it. Don't really like the idea of fighting ANYTHING around that camera and gimbal. Thanks.

I just pulled the trigger on one myself, today. Was sooo close to a M2 Zoom, but living in the mother of all NFZs (just outside DC), I just didn't feel like having to plan a roadtrip just to get some flight time.

I'm in Delaware. Dover AFB and TONS of little private airports. I'm 4.8 miles from one... DJI says NFZ. I think their geo fencing is GREAT... I am so glad that Autel allows me, a grown man to do that for myself and set my own parameters. When I get old enough to need that level of care, I'll probably be unable to see my drone. LOL

The scary part of all this is that DJI is about the only one in bed with the FAA and the changes that are coming in the next couple of years. They helped mold the new rules and are already up front with what the government wants to control on the UAV side. Commercial or recreational, companies that don't change the way they do business will be left out and not able to sell their product under the new rules coming down.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacqueslambert