Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Almost ready to buy Evo 2 Pro

Reaction score
Hi All,

This is my first post and I'd like to thank you in advance for any advice/information/links/answers you can help with. My situation is UK based, only ever flown on private land, under guidance on a friends old Phantom, not sure the designation. I've probably flown 4-5 hours under supervision over six months and now want to own my own UAV.
I'm currently getting my UK CAA A2CoC (exam this Saturday) and then I've lined up my GVC course which I'd like to complete in about six months.

I've now got my heart set on an Evo 2 Pro, I'm a mouse click away from buying a Rugged pack, multi charger + 3 batteries... but questions and experience are stopping me from buying until I get the information that will let my buy with confidence.

Q1. Is there a way of telling how old my batteries are, is there a list of their issue/manufacturer dates. If they've sat on a shelf for a year when I buy them 'new' are they still 'new' or is there a shelf life?

Q2. Quite a few review blogs have mentioned a drift when in tripod mode (or any mode!) - has this been fixed?

Q3. Can the anti-collision mode be toned down - say a halving of detection distances?

Q4. MTOM?

Q5. If bought without RTK kit can it be purchased later, rather than a separate RTK EVO 2 Pro unit? ie. just buy the additional hardware?

Q6. What phone is best with the controller, I've got IPhone's but battery duration.. meh.

Thanks for any answers to the above, we've all got day jobs and lives so I appreciate any time given.

SM.

Hi All,

This is my first post and I'd like to thank you in advance for any advice/information/links/answers you can help with. My situation is UK based, only ever flown on private land, under guidance on a friends old Phantom, not sure the designation. I've probably flown 4-5 hours under supervision over six months and now want to own my own UAV.
I'm currently getting my UK CAA A2CoC (exam this Saturday) and then I've lined up my GVC course which I'd like to complete in about six months.

I've now got my heart set on an Evo 2 Pro, I'm a mouse click away from buying a Rugged pack, multi charger + 3 batteries... but questions and experience are stopping me from buying until I get the information that will let my buy with confidence.

Q1. Is there a way of telling how old my batteries are, is there a list of their issue/manufacturer dates. If they've sat on a shelf for a year when I buy them 'new' are they still 'new' or is there a shelf life?

Q2. Quite a few review blogs have mentioned a drift when in tripod mode (or any mode!) - has this been fixed?

Q3. Can the anti-collision mode be toned down - say a halving of detection distances?

Q4. MTOM?

Q5. If bought without RTK kit can it be purchased later, rather than a separate RTK EVO 2 Pro unit? ie. just buy the additional hardware?

Q6. What phone is best with the controller, I've got IPhone's but battery duration.. meh.

Thanks for any answers to the above, we've all got day jobs and lives so I appreciate any time given.

SM.

Q1 - I don't see any way to tell. DJI has a serial number lookup service which you can use to check the battery manufacturer date but I don't think Autel has something like that. The EVO II is so new that I wouldn't worry about it. Also, what mainly affects battery life are the charging and discharging cycles more so than how long it sat on the shelf. Expect to only get about 120 cycles per battery.

Q2 - I have always flown by hand and never used any of the automatic modes, drifting in an autonomous mode would not surprise me but to me it doesn't affect how I use it at all since I don't use those modes.

Q3 - No, it is either on or off and yes I think it is way too sensitive

Q4 - I don't know what that acronym stands for. If you are asking what it weighs it is around 4.4lbs I think.

Q5 - I highly doubt it, RTK is more than just changing the camera.

Q6 - I personally use the iPad mini with it. It has all of the benefits of using an iPhone but with a bigger screen. There are a couple of good threads on what other people are using.

I wrote a pretty comprehensive review of the EVO II 6K from a photographers point of view, you can read it via the link below, it may answer some questions that you haven't thought of yet. Long story short....in my opinion it is the best consumer drone that money can buy at the moment and I don't say that lightly.

Reactions: Does it go higher?
Q1 - I don't see any way to tell. DJI has a serial number lookup service which you can use to check the battery manufacturer date but I don't think Autel has something like that. The EVO II is so new that I wouldn't worry about it. Also, what mainly affects battery life are the charging and discharging cycles more so than how long it sat on the shelf. Expect to only get about 120 cycles per battery.

Q2 - I have always flown by hand and never used any of the automatic modes, drifting in an autonomous mode would not surprise me but to me it doesn't affect how I use it at all since I don't use those modes.

Q3 - No, it is either on or off and yes I think it is way too sensitive

Q4 - I don't know what that acronym stands for. If you are asking what it weighs it is around 4.4lbs I think.

Q5 - I highly doubt it, RTK is more than just changing the camera.

Q6 - I personally use the iPad mini with it. It has all of the benefits of using an iPhone but with a bigger screen. There are a couple of good threads on what other people are using.

I wrote a pretty comprehensive review of the EVO II 6K from a photographers point of view, you can read it via the link below, it may answer some questions that you haven't thought of yet. Long story short....in my opinion it is the best consumer drone that money can buy at the moment and I don't say that lightly.

Thanks for those well ordered answers, that’s is probably the most informative answer I’ve ever received on any forum. And I’ll absolutely have a look at your review this evening. Thank you for the confidence boost re the purchase. I think I’m going for it. ✅✅✅

Reactions: MNT DRONE SOLUTIONS
Hi All,

I use Airdata UAV and it tracks my battery usage by serial number, number of flights, number of charges, air time, etc. It also gives me alerts on when to do preventive maint, as well as displays battery usage including voltage etc from past flights.
Only drift I have seen is when indoors e.g. atti mode under some conditions, as well as in strong crosswinds. Otherwise its very stable.
No, however the belly light can be turned off, or put into different strobe modes.
Q4. MTOM?
Have not measured, however assume its in the pound or two range given some of the add on kits available.
Good question, from what I have seen, at least for now, the RTK appears to be unique to the airframe, not sure if there will be a retro kit. Ask yourself if you really need the RTK, or just want it. If you really need it, then get the RTK airframe. If you just want it, thats a different path.
Some like/need ios, some like/need android, I use android Samsung S8 and S10 works great, also have a Samsung Tab that works ok. It really comes down to a preference size of device, OS, etc however make sure it is a newer generation.

SM.
No worries good luck.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials