Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AirMap Shutting Down

Malli35998

Reaction score
Website
www.raptoraerialservices.com
I have used AirMap for a number of years now. Over the past several months I have needed LAANC Authorization on a weekly basis. I have always liked AirMap’s ease of use and the app served it’s purpose well. I last used AirMap’s LAANC authorization last Friday. At 4:30am this morning, after setting up drone equipment to shoot thermal images, I was VERY surprised, disappointed, and frustrated that this service was disabled (see attached screen capture) with no previous warning. At a minimum, they should have been maintained until June 22nd.

What alternative LAANC Authorization app(s) do you recommend?

Note from AirMap - You can find a list of authorized providers here https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/laanc . We apologize for the inconvenience.

Attachments

• IMG_8047.jpeg
    IMG_8047.jpeg
    847.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I have used AirMap for a number of years now. Over the past several months I have needed LAANC Authorization on a weekly basis. I have always liked AirMap’s ease of use and the app served it’s purpose well. I last used AirMap’s LAANC authorization last Friday. At 4:30am this morning, after setting up drone equipment to shoot thermal images, I was VERY surprised, disappointed, and frustrated that this service was disabled (see attached screen capture) with no previous warning. At a minimum, they should have been maintained until June 22nd.

What alternative LAANC Authorization app(s) do you recommend?

Note from AirMap - You can find a list of authorized providers here https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/laanc . We apologize for the inconvenience.
Aloft is the best in my opinion. I used to use AirMap, but at some point it became unreliable. Feature I particularly like is doing the same property over and over again (construction progressions). When you apply for new LAANC approval, an outline of your previously requested area appears as a guide to draw your boundaries.

aloft has a few problems and can be frustrating at times but it's the one i use and therefore recommend if all you are interested in is laanc.

Reactions: AirStag
I'll throw another vote at OpenSky. OpenSky actually approves faster than AirMap did, at least here in my neck of the woods.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials