Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Adjust the speed/smoothnes/deadzone of camera tilt?

Turn the wheel speed way down and program one of the buttons on the back to toggle the camera 90 degrees. If you have it aimed down, the button will put it straight ahead. If you have it tilted up, the button will put is straight ahead. A second press of the button puts is straight down. Use the button for fast movements and the scroll wheel for precision.

Last edited:
Just to show all the 'clever' people here that I know what I'm talking about. I'm not doing this for a freaking hobby, It's my job, I'm a DP and one man band production company.

Music video Vrystaat Vlaktes - Evo2 pro drone shots

So please please Autel. Update the firmware and include an ease in and ease out function on the tilt. Plz, then the drone ticks all my boxes, and it 'might' be able to compete with the newer dji drones

Just to show all the 'clever' people here that I know what I'm talking about. I'm not doing this for a freaking hobby, It's my job, I'm a DP and one man band production company.

Music video Vrystaat Vlaktes - Evo2 pro drone shots

So please please Autel. Update the firmware and include an ease in and ease out function on the tilt. Plz, then the drone ticks all my boxes, and it 'might' be able to compete with the newer dji drones
There is one other issue that I'll point out and post footage about. Flicker from shadows being cast on the lens the rotors, waiting for nd filters to keep shutter at 180degrees might eliminate that? And then there is a big issue. Actual flicker of the whole image (not strobing from compression) It seems or feels to me like it's a glitch with the aperture. Will post clips of that soon.

There is no ramping in or out on the tilt, another pro feature missing on the Pro.
I have no trouble ramping the gimbal tilt at all. I have dialed the speed down a bit, and I simply feather the control dial as I would a follow-focus dial.

Are you looking for the controller to do that for you? How would it know how fast was appropriate for the shot?

There is one other issue that I'll point out and post footage about. Flicker from shadows being cast on the lens the rotors, waiting for nd filters to keep shutter at 180degrees might eliminate that? And then there is a big issue. Actual flicker of the whole image (not strobing from compression) It seems or feels to me like it's a glitch with the aperture. Will post clips of that soon.
I believe there is an issue with aperture changes. I have not seen anything I’d call flicker, but if the camera is set for shutter priority exposure, the aperture will adjust in discrete steps, making the shot unusable for pro work. It will also happen in full auto mode, though rarely, because the system will do most of the adjustment via shutter. I have an ongoing support ticket with Autel for this.

In actual use, I rarely use any of the auto exposure modes, but I discovered this in testing, returned the drone thinking the camera had a problem, and found that the replacement did exactly the same thing.

Not sure if this will help but you seem to have buyers remorse a little. Go to gimbal in settings and change the EXP sensitivity too. See this thread.

precision flight versus dual stability

"Flight Control > Advanced Settings > EXP > open and adjust then close NOW go back to where EXP is then right under the EXP you see Sensitivity open and adjust. You need to play with this to your flavor. You can slow it down to the point to where the drone almost does not react to any stick input. I set it so low the first time I thought my drone was stuck in limbo hell. LOL"

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 6303
I believe there is an issue with aperture changes. I have not seen anything I’d call flicker, but if the camera is set for shutter priority exposure, the aperture will adjust in discrete steps, making the shot unusable for pro work. It will also happen in full auto mode, though rarely, because the system will do most of the adjustment via shutter. I have an ongoing support ticket with Autel for this.

In actual use, I rarely use any of the auto exposure modes, but I discovered this in testing, returned the drone thinking the camera had a problem, and found that the replacement did exactly the same thing.
I only shoot manual never even tried pv or av modes. I'll string a few clips together and upload to show what I'm saying. It did make a couple of shots unusable.

Not sure if this will help but you seem to have buyers remorse a little. Go to gimbal in settings and change the EXP sensitivity too. See this thread.

precision flight versus dual stability
Thanks. I tried all the exp settings and flight modes etc. It's just the tilt of the gimbal thats the issue. Sure you can dial the sensitivity all the way down to like 5 or 10, then the tilt is very slow but it still doesn't solve the hard stops in and out, no matter how slow you release the wheel. I'll record a video to show the issue. I'm just on 2 big jobs this week. Wilk try in the following 2 weeks to get to it.

I have no trouble ramping the gimbal tilt at all. I have dialed the speed down a bit, and I simply feather the control dial as I would a follow-focus dial.

Are you looking for the controller to do that for you? How would it know how fast was appropriate for the shot?
It must be nice to be that talented. Some of us with older less steady hands and fingers appreciate features that other gimbals have. The actual speed is less important to me than the elimination of the abrupt start and stop.

It must be nice to be that talented. Some of us with older less steady hands and fingers appreciate features that other gimbals have. The actual speed is less important to me than the elimination of the abrupt start and stop.
I don't see talent as having much to do with it (but then I suspect you don't either).

Is is possible that some (newer?) controllers have different sensitivity in the controll wheel?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo