Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Adjust the speed/smoothnes/deadzone of camera tilt?

Eric Rosén

Reaction score
Hi!
Is there any way to adjust the speed on the camera tilt as in the mavics (speed and smoothness, two separate values). I find it way harder to get smooth starts and stops in the camera tilt on my evo then on mavics.
When I try to go into the EXP setting my app restarts (Honor 8, Android, lastest update) so I can´t check if there is a setting in there for adjusting this. Anyone knows is it´s possible? If not, is autel going to maybe implement this in the future?
I think all possibilities to customize the movement for personal preference is cuicial.

Thanks

There is a setting to slow down the gimbal movement so you get smoother transitions, in the camera settings.

There is a setting to slow down the gimbal movement so you get smoother transitions, in the camera settings.
Thanks for your reply. Can you specify exactly where I can find this? Do you mean the Precision Mode? Or somewhere else?

Settings>Gimbal>Gimbal Pitch Exp
Screenshot_20190818-181137_Autel Explorer.jpg
I keep mine at 80. I get smooth transitions, but it's fast enough no to take a lifetime to move.

Settings>Gimbal>Gimbal Pitch Exp
View attachment 4966
I keep mine at 80. I get smooth transitions, but it's fast enough no to take a lifetime to move.

Thanks! :)
I did find it yesterday and fiddled around with it a bit. Makes a big difference. But I gotta say the deadzone is waaaay to large and there is no smoothing of the movements, only speed with EXP curve. The start/stop don´t get seamless because the motor wont go slow enough in low speed. With Mavics "smooth feature" and more control in the low speed I get perfect start/stop.
I hope Autel will adress this in a update. I assume this could be adressed in software. (Deadzon, more control in low motor speed, and perhaps a smoothing feature). The most annoying I gotta say is the enormous deadzone.
Still, best drone I´ve used due to the image quality. :)

Reactions: Ansia
Autel EVO owners ( and I am one ), never want to tell the truth about the EVO gimbal and yaw control. THEY STINK! compared to DJI controls. And I love Autel but cinematic moves are much harder to dial in on an EVO than a Mavic. Just thought someone here should tell you the truth.

There is no ramping in or out of pitch movements. Just another Pro feature the Pro is missing.

Reactions: 2ndAutel
Is there no way to ease in and ease out? Any way to hack firmware? Beta firmware?

Yes...its called technique. Simply turn down the gimbal tilt speed until it matches your desired movement then practice easing in and out using manual input; the further you roll the wheel the faster it will respond, if you start out with just a little pressure then increase the pressure on the wheel you will have achieved an easing effect.

People have made do with whatever tools they have since filmmaking began and these days we have more tools at our disposal than ever before; all tools have limitations and the EVO is no exception.

I run mine at 15 and yaw at .20 Smooth as butter but I fly fast for my cinema shots at 30fps and roll down to 24 in post. And for ramping - If you set it to 15 which is slow and you gradually pull the wheel and push the wheel you get perfect ramps. Like herein2021 said, I find setting the speed I'm looking for which is a slow gradual tilt as the max speed 10-15 then your in between is your slower ramp up and down :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 6303
"And for ramping - If you set it to 15 which is slow and you gradually pull the wheel and push the wheel you get perfect ramps."

Some of us mere mortals would rather see ramping be a software function like other Pro drones have.

Drones don't need Position or Altitude hold either. "technique: can make up for both of those also. Any takers for that Pro drone?

"And for ramping - If you set it to 15 which is slow and you gradually pull the wheel and push the wheel you get perfect ramps."

Some of us mere mortals would rather see ramping be a software function like other Pro drones have.

Drones don't need Position or Altitude hold either. "technique: can make up for both of those also. Any takers for that Pro drone?
You said "Drones don't need Position or Altitude hold either. "technique: can make up for both of those also" So why can't technique make up for ramping software? My cinema takes look fantastic and I don't have to apply presets to correct the lens distortion like other drones. Cheers!

You said "Drones don't need Position or Altitude hold either. "technique: can make up for both of those also" So why can't technique make up for ramping software? My cinema takes look fantastic and I don't have to apply presets to correct the lens distortion like other drones. Cheers!
I see you miss the point.

Oh my gosh are you guys that blind? To not see a hard stop and hard start when you tilt? Seriously? Doesn't matter what speed you set it to it does not solve the problem! It needs an ease in and out. I've flown alot of drones. I absolutely love the image quality for the price dont get me wrong, but what does that help if you want to do a push forward and tilt up very slow and gradual and then when you sloooooowly release the wheel 'BAMMM' it sticks out like a sore thumb. Can't do anything with all that great looking footage if the operation is horrible. And NO it's not technique, don't be an idiot. So my workaround is to try and eliminate any tilting for shots I need to use or cut into the shot when tilt has started and cut out before it stops :(

Reactions: scissorfight
So my workaround is to try and eliminate any tilting for shots I need to use or cut into the shot when tilt has started and cut out before it stops
yep, that's what I do. I typically fade out just before the "WHACK"

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy