Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A Glaring Question

bjtap

Reaction score
Hope this is not too dumb of a question but.... I just purchased and tried out the tablet sun guard from Autel, and while it did help (a very sunny day) there still is a stark glare... I believe I see more of me than the Starlink App. Tipping the RC up helps but I don't believe does enough to lessen the glare. ( I tried on a 7 and an 8 inch tablet and somehow led myself to believe the hood could be adjusted to each tablet, but apparently not). So my question is... what do you fliers recommend to cut down on the glare from the tablet... especially when it is sunny outside? (BTW: I do wear eyeglasses if that is of concern). Something that can be put on the tablet itself... eyeglass shades of some type... etc. Thanks again.
(I guess this should have been placed under the general discussions...).

I ended up building my own. Having glasses that change with the light just makes it worse in my opinion.
Buy some foam board from stables and make one over sized. Foam board is light and you can buy it in black. Buy some good duct tape to put it together.
Mine works perfectly on a 7 inch tablet. :)

20170617_123722.jpg 20170617_123746.jpg 20170617_123805.jpg 20170617_123907.jpg 20170617_123956.jpg 20170617_124006.jpg

If you don’t mind spending a little $$, it’s hard to beat the Hoodman sun hood and extension. Folds flat, stays on securely with ties, and the face of the extension is contoured to allow you to place your eyes up against it like a periscope, blocking out all external light. It’s the best solution I’ve found. Phone / Tablet Hoods

Hope this is not too dumb of a question but.... I just purchased and tried out the tablet sun guard from Autel, and while it did help (a very sunny day) there still is a stark glare... I believe I see more of me than the Starlink App. Tipping the RC up helps but I don't believe does enough to lessen the glare. ( I tried on a 7 and an 8 inch tablet and somehow led myself to believe the hood could be adjusted to each tablet, but apparently not). So my question is... what do you fliers recommend to cut down on the glare from the tablet... especially when it is sunny outside? (BTW: I do wear eyeglasses if that is of concern). Something that can be put on the tablet itself... eyeglass shades of some type... etc. Thanks again.

Have you tried an anti glare screen protector on your tablet? I've used this one on my iPad mini 2 for a few years and unless there's a mid day sun I don't even use the hood.
iCarez HD Clear Premium Screen Protector for Apple iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3 - Retail Packaging - (Pack of 2) Amazon.com: iCarez HD Clear Premium Screen Protector for Apple iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3 - Retail Packaging - (Pack of 2): Computers & Accessories

Reactions: Rawdog and Wrsdas
The main ingredient is to stand where the sun doesn't shine on your face or over your shoulder. Mid day can be difficult.

Have a number of different shades for my Ipads and they work so so but since I bought an Ipad Pro there is no need to use them any more

So my question is... what do you fliers recommend to cut down on the glare from the tablet... especially when it is sunny outside? (BTW: I do wear eyeglasses if that is of concern). Something that can be put on the tablet itself... eyeglass shades of some type... etc.

I went to the trouble of building a sun shade out of a political sign I found nearby. That along with an anti-glare cover for my Tab A and life is fairly good, though getting out of the sun seems to be the best thing to do. Problem around here (northern Nevada) is that there aren't all that many trees, and where there are trees, I don't want to fly anyway.

I'd say the bigger the sun shade, the better. Also like another person said, put your face right into it like you would a periscope - ha.

Attachments

• Sunshade.jpg
    Sunshade.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: Wrsdas
Have a number of different shades for my Ipads and they work so so but since I bought an Ipad Pro there is no need to use them any more
You Mean you don't have any Glare because it is a Ipad Pro HUH?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58