Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A Couple of Questions to answer please.

• Thread starter Deleted member 1872
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1872

Firstly,

Today I flew my lovely drone 2.1kms away with no problems but (oh it's so nice in comparison to my experience with the competition).

I have two questions 1) I do receive video transmission errors (flying 100metres high) and lower too 60 metres I am in the countryside with some houses too.

It's a small blip and then returns to GPS mode just wondering if I can do anything to assist constant connection.

And secondly I've been flying for some time with an Android Phone but now using Apple phone.

Why no Apple cable included? I bought an Anker cable 30cm but just too tight.

Now waiting for my Thorsworld 60cm cable.

But still doesn't answer why when there is an Android and a USB C cable but no lightning cable I find strange.

Firstly,

Today I flew my lovely drone 2.1kms away with no problems but (oh it's so nice in comparison to my experience with the competition).

I have two questions 1) I do receive video transmission errors (flying 100metres high) and lower too 60 metres I am in the countryside with some houses too.

It's a small blip and then returns to GPS mode just wondering if I can do anything to assist constant connection.

And secondly I've been flying for some time with an Android Phone but now using Apple phone.

But still doesn't answer why when there is an Android and a USB C cable but no lightning cable I find strange.
1) adjust your antennas for better reception.

2) I can only speculate, but I imagine that the Explorer app was built around Android and later ported into iOS.

Truth, apparently iOS didn’t come till like August or something according to some post in the forums. IMG_0157.jpg try this cable though. I use the Xs Max and this cable is a ft long and has plenty but not too much to spare for the iphones.

Firstly,

You mentioned "returning to GPS mode". Just because you momentarily lose the "video feed", that has nothing to do with GPS. Are you losing GPS also?
The control of the drone, GPS input from the drone's sensor, and the video feed from the drone are SEPARATE signals.
I have found that the video feed can get flakey at a reasonable distance but does seem to recover in a moment ....I suspect the software is switching the channel or something. That will continue sometimes only during long-distance flights in an area with interference.
As mentioned, antenna positioning is important ( Both antennae pointing down but still perpendicular to the drone seems to be the generally accepted best position)That that only seems to make a difference for me at extreme distances. I have noticed the intermittent video feed flakey-ness at much short distances.

The Autel EVO never included a lightning cable...Yes, that is a weird omission and has been mentioned by every review. We can only speculate the reason but I suspect there must be some justification on Autel's end?

As mentioned, antenna positioning is important ( Both antennae pointing down but still perpendicular to the drone seems to be the generally accepted best position)That that only seems to make a difference for me at extreme distances. I have noticed the intermittent video feed flakey-ness at much short distances.

Perpendicular or Parallel? With some competing drone controllers' antennas, the flat part of the antenna should be pointing in the direction of the drone, where others want the tips pointing towards the drone. Which orientation is desired for the Evo?

Perpendicular or Parallel? With some competing drone controllers' antennas, the flat part of the antenna should be pointing in the direction of the drone, where others want the tips pointing towards the drone. Which orientation is desired for the Evo?

As above, The antenna should have the "Flat side" facing the drone. I have seen that a lot of users have had better range with them facing down (180 degrees from the picture above).

You mentioned "returning to GPS mode". Just because you momentarily lose the "video feed", that has nothing to do with GPS. Are you losing GPS also?
The control of the drone, GPS input from the drone's sensor, and the video feed from the drone are SEPARATE signals.
I have found that the video feed can get flakey at a reasonable distance but does seem to recover in a moment ....I suspect the software is switching the channel or something. That will continue sometimes only during long-distance flights in an area with interference.

The Autel EVO never included a lightning cable...Yes, that is a weird omission and has been mentioned by every review. We can only speculate the reason but I suspect there must be some justification on Autel's end?

You mentioned "I have noticed the intermittent video feed flakey-ness at short distances".

It is the same for me.

I have adjusted my antennas down, :pup, :psideways:p, back to front :pand on my head:p , on big sticks :p and all the different combos:p but they don't seem to make much difference.:p

This is just an observation it isn't a major issue as it's about 2 kms more than my D*I P*an**m 3 SE went the POS:oops:.

I ask ask thee. Why would you fly so far as to increase the chance to have an accident and/or loose your drone? My car can go 160 mph. But I've only gone past 100 once (haf biological needs that didn't wish to wait until I got home).

Because I live in a beautiful area and near a large lake and it’s a good way to see all around it as you cannot access part of it.

Reactions: dondi
I ask ask thee. Why would you fly so far as to increase the chance to have an accident and/or loose your drone? My car can go 160 mph. But I've only gone past 100 once (haf biological needs that didn't wish to wait until I got home).
So u purchase a sophisticated UAV to fly VLOS. It is speculative to associate distance with an accident. FPV allows for a skilled UAV pilot to avoid a tragedy but until the FAA can ascertain flying skills we will get comments like yours. BTW what R your flying skills ?

So u purchase a sophisticated UAV to fly VLOS. It is speculative to associate distance with an accident. FPV allows for a skilled UAV pilot to avoid a tragedy but until the FAA can ascertain flying skills we will get comments like yours. BTW what R your flying skills ?
I have been doing it long enough thaf I am confident of my flying skills, there is still plenty to improve, but I fly safe. The rules are placed there for a reason. When you are flying BVLOS, you can only see 1 direction, not all 4. Perhaps you are flying 400' and won't hit a tree, but you don't know what is coming at you. It hit's your bird, it falls and hits someone or causes an accident. I wonder what excuse you will use then. You could argue "I'm a pro and that will never happen to me", but it can. It's called Murphy's Law, but hey, who am I to tell you what to do? You can fly how you see fit.

Now, tell me how a pilot flying FPV can use his/her skills to avoid tragedy? That there has awoken my curiosity.

Reactions: Elroy
But then it wouldn't be the pilot's skills, but rather the VO telling the pilot what's going on. Also if the drone is BVLOS, then no one can see it.
Not talking about BVLOS, just FPV flying in general. You need a spotter to make it legal

Er....... Just to let you know there are other countries in the world. The FAA is of no interest to me.

I’ve been flying remote aircraft helicopters 3D for a long time 35 years.

@dondi But that is of not anyone elses business i’m an adult and if I have issues with the law i’ll take it on the chin.

Last edited by a moderator:
Er....... Just to let you know there are other countries in the world. The FAA is of no interest to me.

Your laws seem pretty much like the ones in the USA and many other parts of the world.

Reactions: Ansia

I’ve been flying remote aircraft helicopters 3D for a long time 35 years.

@dondi But that is of not anyone elses business i’m an adult and if I have issues with the law i’ll take it on the chin.
I ment no disrespect torwards you when I asked my question. I just wanted to understand your point of view on the matter. I am like a cat. Curious by nature. Once you satisfied my curiosity, I moved on.

Edit:I think I might visit Spain. They allow night flying, even if it's limited to 50m.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials