Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

4 Photo Pano From This Mornings Flight

When I was in high school we honed our driving skills on the frozen lakes. At 80 mph you could turn the steering wheel, hit the brakes & watch the islands twirl by.
Lol, we just pulled the hand brake and it would do the same. I actually raced cars on ice for 2 winters before I even had my drivers license.

Reactions: KentA
LOL Thanks
You just need to dress for the weather.

Lol. It's a skating track. We always drove our cars on gravel pits and frozen rivers with our cars. Gravel pits weren't so risky. It's also illegal in Canada to drive with studded tires. In my home town people would drive across the river to get to town because it would save them about a 35 minute drive around.

Actually the laws have changed over the last few years. Depends on which province you live in.
In Ontario, studded winter tires are permitted between September 1st and May 31st for drivers in northern Ontario, which includes as Algoma, Cochrane, Kenora, Manitoulin, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Rainy River, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Temiskaming. Below these areas, the use of studded tires could incur a fine. For drivers from outside of Ontario, studded tires can be used while travelling in the province for up to a month. During this period, the only acceptable studs are Scandinavian-made lightweight studs.

Reactions: Tufargon
LOL Thanks
You just need to dress for the weather.

Actually the laws have changed over the last few years. Depends on which province you live in.
In Ontario, studded winter tires are permitted between September 1st and May 31st for drivers in northern Ontario, which includes as Algoma, Cochrane, Kenora, Manitoulin, Nipissing, Parry Sound, Rainy River, Sudbury, Thunder Bay, and Temiskaming. Below these areas, the use of studded tires could incur a fine. For drivers from outside of Ontario, studded tires can be used while travelling in the province for up to a month. During this period, the only acceptable studs are Scandinavian-made lightweight studs.
Very interesting. Thanks! Not sure if my mother is up to date on all that stuff but she told me a while back that they were illegal in N.B. Topic came up because they sipe tires here. We had never heard of it but it works great.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials