Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

3D Printed Leg Bracket... Anyone Make One Or Want To?

LuvMyTJ

Admin
Reaction score
I am looking for a bracket I can attach to the leg and use velcro strips or zip ties to hold things to the leg. Specifically, my tracker. Has anyone made something like this or be willing to? I have yet to buy my own printer so I figured I would ask here. ;)

I use a gimbal guard on my other quads that don't have downward facing cameras/sensors. It has been shown that a gimbal guard on an X-Star will prevent the downward sensors (VPS) to malfunction causing instability in low flight where the sensors are activated. So I no longer use the gimbal guard I bought for my X-Star. Thats why I want something for the leg. The one you linked to would completely block the sensors from "seeing" the ground.

I can't link right now, but check out my "show and tell video". Is that what you where thinking of.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

I can't link right now, but check out my "show and tell video". Is that what you where thinking of.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk
Are you referring to the Oct 16th vid? They were leg extensions, but I like those due to the ease of installation & removal. A small raised slot on the legs would give options to zip tie or velcro strap items to them. Let me know when they will be available. ;)

Are you referring to the Oct 16th vid? They were leg extensions, but I like those due to the ease of installation & removal. A small raised slot on the legs would give options to zip tie or velcro strap items to them. Let me know when they will be available. ;)

Sorry about that, I was a little rushed at the time of my post above.

Here is the vid. I was referring too. I have designed 2 versions, one with the height extensions, and one without. The problem that I have run into is finding the best material to use. I need lightweight and very strong for this design; which is somewhat difficult to get both in an FDM material.

So the rail system, would not work for you?

Reactions: DuckMan

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials