Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

2.3.8 FW Upgrade Failure

SARty

Reaction score
I've tried to upgrade a 640T Enterprise to 2.3.8 nearly 10 times now. The checklist is either incomplete, or it hangs at 99%.

I'm transferring the zip file to the root folder of a card formatted in the drone. I've also tried unzipping the FW file. I've also tried multiple cards and OTA. What's the trick here?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I'm tried to upgrade a 640T Enterprise to 2.3.8 nearly 10 times now. The checklist is either incomplete, or it hangs at 99%.

I'm transferring the zip file to the root folder of a card formatted in the drone. I've also tried unzipping the FW file. I've also tried multiple cards and OTA. What's the trick here?

Thanks.
When I updated to the latest firmware, I had the same problem, but I had a help from Mr. Ken Booth that told me to check the settings (General/ Firmware Version) and compare if everything were updated, so I checked it and was successfully updated to 2.3.8.
For me after this updated my drone wasn’t performing well, so I downgraded to 2.2.5

Reactions: SARty
Thanks! I figured that out late last night. I wish this had been posted somewhere earlier on, especially on Autel's site, but hopefully this thread saves the next person from spinning their wheels as much!

For anyone else that might be looking for this info, I've still yet to see a complete FW update checklist or the progress bar going past 99%. And that's after 20+ times going through this process. I don't want to give advice that leads to anyone's drone getting bricked, but for me, after a minute or so of it hanging at 99%, I reboot everything and check the FW table (Official Firmware Version Table-Autel Robotics Official Website) and everything appears to have upgraded successfully (despite the lack of confirmation during the process).

When updating the firmware by putting the Zip file onto the SD card, Be sure to use a Windows platform. I chased my tail on this for a day or more before Ken Booth suggested using a Windows platform to copy the Zip file. I'm a MAC guy, and yes, MAC has a different format that the drone boot up is not happy with. I now use Parallels on the MAC which allows me to run Windows on the MAC and useful for easily running RTKLIB for my RTK/PPK post processing work.

When updating the firmware by putting the Zip file onto the SD card, Be sure to use a Windows platform. I chased my tail on this for a day or more before Ken Booth suggested using a Windows platform to copy the Zip file. I'm a MAC guy, and yes, MAC has a different format that the drone boot up is not happy with. I now use Parallels on the MAC which allows me to run Windows on the MAC and useful for easily running RTKLIB for my RTK/PPK post processing work.
I’m also using Mac, and I have not a clue how to do it 🤔( I mean how to use windows in a Mac )

I’m also using Mac, and I have not a clue how to do it 🤔( I mean how to use windows in a Mac )
Do not over complicate the process. Find a friend that has a Windows machine and copy the ZIP file onto the SD card. No need to unzip as the drone startup will take care of that. As far as running Windows on the MAC, there is a software product I use called Parallels. See: www.parallels.com

Reactions: edgardcafe
Do not over complicate the process. Find a friend that has a Windows machine and copy the ZIP file onto the SD card. No need to unzip as the drone startup will take care of that. As far as running Windows on the MAC, there is a software product I use called Parallels. See: www.parallels.com
Thank you so much to explain it ! I appreciate 👍👊

Because today the weather in Florida is not good to flight and I was boring, I took the chance and did the firmware update through OTA, everything went well, so now just need to test flight. Hope it goes well

Well that's an interesting thought, especially since I was using a Mac.

To clarify though, regardless of the platform used to copy the firmware file, the microSD card is formatted exFAT in the aircraft - but what you're saying is that the drone isn't happy with the way MacOS writes the Zip file? After switching to a Windows machine, did you get a complete firmware update checklist at the end and/or see the progress bar complete at 100%?

Thnx

FW_v2.3.13 (and Explorer V1.0.84) out since 2022-06-01. I updated on June 2nd and it got 100% on the first run (which 2.3.8 for me also never diid, just 99%).
For me the major improvement is that imported kml waypoint missions now work as they should regarding gimbal angle value adherence and manual course maintaining when passing waypoints.
Since FW 2.3.8 there is no histogram update while in video mode using the visual camera (640T) only (works in all other visual and IR modes though...) That is still in 2.3.13 the case. Not big of a deal but would be nice to have it back when using the visual camera only in video mode.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials