Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

10 Days of EVO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Candor

Reaction score
Howdy!
i've only got a Few flights on her, but...
if i can't easily stop it from landing near anything flat, that i get it next to,... other than running the throttle? (home inspecting)
and if i can't hand launch it EASY! ? ( i have NO Boat)
and if i have to remove SD card to dump data!?! NO CORD TRANSFER???!!!
and i have to get in to app to change speeds!?!
and if the gimbal won't rotate up less than 90 degrees !?!

guess i'll be returning it and waiting for some more EVOLUTION in the future,
(Like i've waited 55years for!)
Thanks for All the INFO!!
other than that it's a great Flying Camera!
(plus i had a scary near miss, see Pic)P1550178.JPG

Howdy!
if i can't easily stop it from landing near anything flat, that i get it next to,... other than running the throttle? (home inspecting)

(plus i had a scary near miss, see Pic)View attachment 5172
oops.

-Transferring files with a cable...page 11 of manual.

-I've seen lots of hand-launches on YouTube since the Evo came out last summer, if hand-launching is your thing.

-Settings accessed with the remote controller (no app):

Reactions: Frank Candor
Howdy!

(plus i had a scary near miss, see Pic)

1. bring it over to you, hold the land button then let it land in your flat hand. As long as you cover the sensors on the bottom, it should easily land. if it goes back up, look at remote, press "ok" and sometimes press/hold land button again. (Or you can do the method that loses fingers, which is grab it, turn it sideways fighting the drone. but i hate that. sounds like wear and tear)
2. Boat mode doesn't "need a boat" just means you can hand launch.
3. you can use a cord, or SD card. OR if just the jpg images, you can just click on them and download in the app, while the bird is flying. Personally I use an SD adapter that plugs into my phone/tablet. Often i'll swap cards, and fly next flight while someone else looks through the pictures.
4. You can change speed/mode from the remote without a phone. spin the non gimbal wheel.
5. Yea, it can't point up. I wish it could go up some, even though you'd get the props, would make 360 photos easier.

me neither! after 5 drones, this is the Most inconvenient to hand Launch , though
Hmm, I must be missing something here. If you are standing on the ground surely there is a 12 inch square of turf, cement, pavement, sidewalk, or even an upsidedown cardboard box you can take off from. Once in the air after your mission just fly the bird back to you, hover, and grab it. No need to take off from your hand unless you are standing on a ladder or hanging from a flagpole or side of a cliff. :)

100% agree.
Having this issue as a deal-breaker seems really strange.

Reactions: WayneH
Hmm, I must be missing something here. If you are standing on the ground surely there is a 12 inch square of turf, cement, pavement, sidewalk, or even an upsidedown cardboard box you can take off from. Once in the air after your mission just fly the bird back to you, hover, and grab it. No need to take off from your hand unless you are standing on a ladder or hanging from a flagpole or side of a cliff. :)
sorry got in the habit of taking off from my hand, that way i don't have to carry trash with me and find a spot to put it on then take off from, and the decent drones land in my hand i don't have to grab them

100% agree.
Having this issue as a deal-breaker seems really strange.
it's not the only issue, changing home point!, controller for girly hands!, cable download of photos to computer!, NO pulling SD card out, ( or software patching) (page 11 of the manual didn't help), having to get into app on a different screen to change things, Like Speed!, it's going back, to EVOLVE

Cable downloading has been answered. You clearly just want to hate the Evo. That's your right but you should probably do it in a DJI forum. That's where the "decent" drones are.

Reactions: WayneH and RCAdik
The guys over on the Parrot forum have 3D printed a small attachment for holding the phone in more securely and it has a spot to attach a lanyard to it. Maybe someone with a 3D printer can come up with a cheap one.

3D printed phone support that slips over the arm and includes two rear extensions that stop the controller tipping over when set down
IMG_20190913_164515233.jpg

And another one

Opera Snapshot_2019-09-13_121436_www.dirtyjdesigns.com.png

I use a key ring. :) Big key ring from Lowes, it was I think .49$. It goes around the phone holder arm, then lanyard clips to that. It blocks some view on the controller screen, but I mainly wanted it for balancing to mess with camera settings.

me neither! after 5 drones, this is the Most inconvenient to hand Launch , though
I suggest you keep the EVO for a few weeks and familiarize yourself with its features.. I've got a P4, Q5004k and EVO. My EVO is the most advanced....however there is a learning curve. Autel really did a great job with features and their menus are well planned. And best of all the EVO doesn't sound like a chainsaw compared to my P4.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials