Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

1.2 mile range test run

DroneyDrone

Reaction score
Flew a test run on range capability. Video started dropping right at 1.24 miles so I initiated RTH. Temp was about 35 degrees. Pretty cool!

I'll probably post the video of it on youtube.

Attachments

• 1.2mileScreen.PNG
    1.2mileScreen.PNG
    1,023.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: RJ_Make
Keep the minimum operating temp in mind when flying in cold climates. With that said I wanted to fly so bad today but did not want my drone to freeze. Good run!

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

I've only flown around my neighborhood so far, but twice I've lost remote control connection. Both times were well below the 1.2 mile stated range. One was even less than a half mile.

What affects range to the point I can't get a half mile from home before RTH kicks in?

Just what are the typical ranges folks are getting with the X-Star Premium? I had a DJI P3A that I could push out to 10,000 feet on a regular basis. Thinking about getting a refurbished X-Star Premium but don't want to be disappointed with the range. I live in the high Nevada desert and have plenty of space to fly.

Just what are the typical ranges folks are getting with the X-Star Premium? I had a DJI P3A that I could push out to 10,000 feet on a regular basis. Thinking about getting a refurbished X-Star Premium but don't want to be disappointed with the range. I live in the high Nevada desert and have plenty of space to fly.

I live in rural flatlands of Indiana with the only obstacles to deal with are trees and get a consistent 1.5 mi distance without losing connection. I've been out close to 2 mi as well but if you require long distance flights I think you would be disappointed with the xsp performance compared to the P4 lightbridge or mavic occusync systems.

Samsung Galaxy edge phone, which works great, but I wouldn't think the phone or tablet would have anything to do with signal strength.

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy edge phone, which works great, but I wouldn't think the phone or tablet would have anything to do with signal strength.
I wondered if you had an Nvidia Shield, the magnets on the back can reduce signal strength.
I read somewhere about someone with a similar issue, Autel gave him a new one, if I remember correctly. I'll look for details...

I wondered if you had an Nvidia Shield, the magnets on the back can reduce signal strength.
I read somewhere about someone with a similar issue, Autel gave him a new one, if I remember correctly. I'll look for details...
OK, hadn't heard about that. I did manage to finally go a little over a mile a couple of days ago.:)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials