Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Yuneec Typhoon H W/Intel RealSense Bundle

RJ_Make

Reaction score
Getting a bit tired of the problems with my XSP and saw this today at Costco.. Seems like a great deal for the price. What do you guys think?

2017-11-25_8-09-24.png

Good deal, now is the time to buy with the black Friday sales.
I moderate on one of the Yuneec forums and can tell you Yuneec has it's share of problems also. The Typhoon H does have six motors so if one does dye you can still fly. Lots of trouble with compass problems and the staff has been reduced a lot with very little customer service.
If I was jumping ship I would be looking into the Phantom 4 Advance. Just for the better camera.

Reactions: RJ_Make
I forgot to add you should join the yuneecpilot forum at the bottom of the page and just go through some of the posts. There are many good and bad comments on there just like here. The thing is there is no one really good UAV to buy. They all have their little problems. I really like a HEXcopter like the Typhoon H but it is big and I want something smaller. Waiting till next year to see what comes out.

Reactions: tony.palumbojr
Thanks for the advice Agustine. You're so right about each manufacturer/model having issues. My XSP, in it's current state is not worth much more than a paperweight. Tilted gimbal and interference problems have pretty much grounded it. I'll check out the Yuneec forums.

Always good to do some research. Not trying to steer you away from that purchase as it is a excellent deal for all the things you get. I have owned four Yuneec drones and just got p*ssed off at the customer service after 3 years of owning one is the reason I came over to Autel. Night and day in the CS between the two. When the Typhoon H first came out it was not fully tested and anybody who bought one became the company's beta testers. Most of the problems are solved now but you still hear about the compass problems (toilet bowl effect).
Let us know what you end up with and how you like it.

Reactions: RJ_Make
RJ_Make,
Have you contacted Autel with your X-star concerns? If so, what was their response?

RJ_Make,
Have you contacted Autel with your X-star concerns? If so, what was their response?

I have not. Not that they wouln't help me, but my XSP is way out of warranty.

I have not. Not that they wouln't help me, but my XSP is way out of warranty.
I do agree they will try and help you but the important thing is for everyone having these issues and I see many since the firmware upgrade need to let Autel know this is a problem and they need to fix it. Warranty or not.

Thanks for the advice Agustine. You're so right about each manufacturer/model having issues. My XSP, in it's current state is not worth much more than a paperweight. Tilted gimbal and interference problems have pretty much grounded it. I'll check out the Yuneec forums.

Does this have anything to do with the new update?

Chances are, because of problem related to update they will fix it, contact them,, their customer service is top . I had a hardware failure ( binding switch) I live in Atlantic Canada, from time I shipped it out until when I received it back was under two weeks, I am impressed.

One of my fellow moderators on a Yuneec forum sent me this message today. Don't sound good for Yuneec.

"Yuneec's Ontario California operation:

A very reliable source has related that Yuneec is shutting down the California facility and changing how imports will be handled going forward. Of possible interest has calls to customer service today being met with a message that Yuneec is closed for the holiday. We don't celebrate any holiday's on December 1.... This may all be related to the recent Chapter 11 bankruptcy of a vendor that left Yuneec holding the bag on $7 million in customer debt."

I was thinking about the H520, looked really good until I read about the low battery problem. I just can't imagine paying $2000.00 for a drone to have it land anywhere just because the battery is low.

Doesn't Intel have a stake in Yuneec?
They invested 50 million back when they were getting real sense going. I'm pretty sure that was gone a long time ago. Yuneec downsized the staff in Ontario a few months ago stating they over stepped their expections for growth. Not much of a lose if they shut the building down as 99% of their repair work is out sourced around the US and Canada.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Looks like a good deal, my dad has one, and loves it. I tried flying it, and just the controls on the remote were so different I did not like it. Although I really like the skyview FPV goggles. I wish they made some to be used with the XSP.

Wow looks like I may have dodged a bullet not making that purchase.

It's beginning to look like DJI will go unchallenged in any real and substantial way for a long long time.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Getting a bit tired of the problems with my XSP and saw this today at Costco.. Seems like a great deal for the price. What do you guys think?

View attachment 1591

I was planning on buying an x star premium but I can't stand a.company that don't have inventory online and also does not know when They will have more available. To me it sounds autel is going under the bridge. Might check out that drone you are talking about.

Well as all things take what is said on the internet with a grain of salt :)
And the answer is; Yuneec is changing office and warehouse locations at the moment. This is why they have a closed sign on the door. There's supposed to be some new stuff appearing at the next CES as well.January will be interesting for Yuneec & Autel to see what promises they will not keep in 2018 LOL

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791