Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

XSP Control modification identification help

chris.jackson

Reaction score
I bought a used XSP. The person I bought it from did not do the modification, was like this when he got it, and he didn't know it had been modified.

The Control antennas have been changed, added to, modified. I'm sure to extend range and video quality. Is this an availibe option someone sells? Or a setup the previous owner came up with?

Any help on the identification and advantage to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris
1534347805921362780058.jpg
1534348498158-1808023769.jpg

Last edited:
Some of us have added the 4Hawks antenna, almost the same as the Itelite Anatennas. If you don't want to run the bigger antennas you can just replace with the antennas like you have there.
I have pretty much the same setup I run in the winter months and the 4Hawks antenna is kind of big for my winter glove. :)

20170917_115229.jpg

Some of us have added the 4Hawks antenna, almost the same as the Itelite Anatennas. If you don't want to run the bigger antennas you can just replace with the antennas like you have there.
I have pretty much the same setup I run in the winter months and the 4Hawks antenna is kind of big for my winter glove. :)

Got ya. How much do these antennas help?
I mean, I don't plan to fly for miles, I have enough trouble seeing it at 1000 feet. More interested if it helps video.

Not knowing the gain on the ones the guy used on yours but just a guess they are between 3 & 5 DB gain so they might be slightly better. If you add the 4Hawks antenna you can get well over 2.5 miles.
Some get that with stock antennas also. It all depends on where you are and just how much interference you might get.

The ones I bought for 900 Mhz was a 3.5dbi gain but the one I have for the 5.8 has a gain of almost 6.

Not knowing the gain on the ones the guy used on yours but just a guess they are between 3 & 5 DB gain so they might be slightly better. If you add the 4Hawks antenna you can get well over 2.5 miles.
Some get that with stock antennas also. It all depends on where you are and just how much interference you might get.

Ok thanks.
I used it with my XSP and it works fine. I have a stock remote also. I put the modified one on ebay. I'm keeping the stock one as it fits in the case without having to remove antennas, or cutting the case.

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
You didn't buy that from a guy named Heath Lawrence did you? It kind of looks like his handy work :)
Most mods have the 5.8 up on top of the controller and Heath put his where that one is.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials