Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-Star Premium Gimbal needed

Squerly

Reaction score
I'm looking for a gimbal for the x-star premium. At least, that's what I think i need. Anyway, it's the square assembly that holds the camera and mounts to the drone. Mine broke and I'm having a tough time finding a replacement.

Anyone got a crashed x-star that they want to part with?

I have several parts but if your cable is broke there is nothing you can do except buy a new gimbal.

Basically you need to show the part you need. Take a picture of the broken part and post it. Maybe someone can help.

Basically you need to show the part you need. Take a picture of the broken part and post it. Maybe someone can help.
So yeah, after looking at it again, it's not the gimbal at all. It's the black, square attachment that holds the gimbal onto the bottom of the drone. This square attachment is where the 12 little copper contacts are that connect the drone to the camera.

This square attachment is held on by 4 screws, one on each corner. It appears the screws were just tightened too tightly, causing the ends to break off.

I'll have to get my camera out of the truck, but I'll post a picture a little later. From the looks of it, I'll probably have to send it to Autel for repair. Hopefully they're still servicing the X-Star?

Your best bet would be to phone autel. Tell them what you need. I know they have parts in the back that they will never use. Press them when they say no. The guys up front just do what they are told to say.. Ask to to talk to a tech guy that fixes these things. You just might get lucky.

Reactions: Tufargon
I have a controller, charger, motors, camera, gimbal, and everything else from a crashed X-Star Premium that broke the drone's arms. All else appears in good condition. Contact me at 801-five99-five221 if interested.

Reactions: Squerly
I have a controller, charger, motors, camera, gimbal, and everything else from a crashed X-Star Premium that broke the drone's arms. All else appears in good condition. Contact me at 801-five99-five221 if interested.
Thank you, Jim. I gave up on fixing it and bought a Evo Pro 2 instead. I now use the X-Star (without camera) for practicing moves that I don't feel comfortable doing with my new Evo. The thought being, it's pretty much done, so what the heck if it crashes. lol

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58