Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

X-star first flight with new software

Jimmyjamz

Reaction score
Tried out the x-star with new software update. All went well. Noticeably smoother flight. Camera worked
great. First thing I noticed in auto takeoff was that it came up about chest height. Tried the return to home feature and I noticed a cancel return home button which is very handy if circumstances change abruptly when in this mode, like your dog coming out to meet you. So far so good. Will do more tests this afternoon.

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see people are still using the X-Star. The final firmware is a lot better then what we had but still needed fine tuning but sadly this will never happen as Autel feels it is not worth their time to fix some small problems and moved onto the EVO.

The only thing I didn't like was that it changed the follow me mode. Before, I could have it following me about six to eight feet off the ground, but the last time I tried with the latest software, upon initiating the mode, it zoomed up to abound 100 feet and wouldn't come any lower.

Last edited:
I imagine it's getting chilly up your way. 58 degrees this morning down here, Fall finally making an appearance. I like it!

I imagine it's getting chilly up your way. 58 degrees this morning down here, Fall finally making an appearance. I like it!

Mornings are below freezing, warming up to the low 40Fs in the afternoon. Rain mixed with snow most days. Winter seems to be coming way to early this year even for here.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottD