Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

World’s First V-Shaped Bi-Copter V-Coptr Falcon by ZeroZero Robotics

Yeah, I had seen that video. I like that the actual CEO was presenting their offerings.
Must admit they are a really cool design but it really is a wait and see thing. Rooting for them to pull it off and looking forward to upcoming end user reviews and final specs.

I watched the demo too, and keyed-in on the fact 2 motors use much less power = greater flight times. With all the sophisticated gimbal tech available today, maybe 2-bladers can perform OK??

Unless you have a Hex it makes no difference. One motor down on a quad equals a smashed UAV so one, two,three or four motors really makes no difference. At least with a Hex 5 motors will bring you home. :)
Yea, I know.....that's why the 1st drone I considered buying was a Yuneec Hex -- redundancy is a wonderful thing, and I love the gimbal design. If they weren't so big and loud....

Reactions: Tufargon
I cant help but think more of a VTOL when I see the Falcon as I own a couple XK ones and am looking at buying the newer XK-450 which offers even more flying modes RTR for about $100. The ones I own are a hoot to fly and pretty much anyone can do it right out of the box.
If the Falcon can take stable 4k with decent flight characteristics I think they will sell a lot of them or at least enough to justify a Falcon 2.

Yeah, I had seen that video. I like that the actual CEO was presenting their offerings.
Must admit they are a really cool design but it really is a wait and see thing. Rooting for them to pull it off and looking forward to upcoming end user reviews and final specs.
I am waiting for someone to do a great review of this drone. I am still skeptical of the 50 minutes flight time and the range.

Unless you have a Hex it makes no difference. One motor down on a quad equals a smashed UAV so one, two,three or four motors really makes no difference. At least with a Hex 5 motors will bring you home. :)

This one looks like it could transform into a helicopter (monocopter?) in the event of one motor failure. Maybe enough stability to land itself safely?

No way. If it was possible they would say it.
From what people at CES said it feels cheap:(

No way. If it was possible they would say it.
From what people at CES said it feels cheap:(
I was referring to the V-Copter that was demoed earlier in the video. The design looks like if it had a horizontal tail roter of some kind it could fly on one motor.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials