Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Wobble effect

macoman

Reaction score
I experienced the wobble effect when I was filming a bridge few weeks ago. That's when my crash happened. I tested the Evo at home and looks normal but I need to test the aircraft in the field. My question to you guys, if the wabble effect a physical issue of the camera / gimbal or is a software base issue?

Last edited:
You have to be more specific in terms of "Wobble". Is the entire drone visibly wobbling or just the camera footage? I have noticed on occasion that my video will be a bit undulating, but mostly on windy days. It's pretty slight and only the trained video people/drone operator would really notice it. Hard to say exactly what the cause is, but it looks to me to be the Evo slightly moving in that pattern, as it's always the same undulation pattern when it happens. Now maybe the gimbal should eliminate that effect, but it's so slight that it's not really possible. Imagine just holding the drone in your hand and filming, while ever so slightly making a tiny circle with the drone, to the point you can't really see the Evo moving...that's what it looks like.

It was just the footage looking like wobbling. Here a link to the video, jump to the 7:32 minutes to able to see it. There was no winds at all, just to be clear.

It was just the footage looking like wobbling. Here a link to the video, jump to the 7:32 minutes to able to see it. There was no winds at all, just to be clear.

You sure that wobble effect wasn't caused by a sudden gust of wind? I have seen that many times when my drones are stationary and in all of the times, it has been due to a gust of wind.

You sure that wobble effect wasn't caused by a sudden gust of wind? I have seen that many times when my drones are stationary and in all of the times, it has been due to a gust of wind.
I am positive, I would say that probably a 3 miles per hour wind was the maximum. I saw in other YouTube videos same issue with the Walkera Vitus and the guy sent the drone to Walkera and they replaced it. Now I am not sure if this wobble thing will be back again.

As soon as you panned to the left your horizon got tilted. The wobble to me is the gimbal trying to correct itself but can't. That part of the footage never does recover from the gimbal tilt. Gimbal tilt is still a problem for some on and off.

As soon as you panned to the left your horizon got tilted. The wobble to me is the gimbal trying to correct itself but can't. That part of the footage never does recover from the gimbal tilt. Gimbal tilt is still a problem for some on and off.
Do you think I should contact Autel support?

Reactions: mixchief
Makes you wonder. I will have to get up REALLY early this weekend to try this out. After 8am, the winds pick up to 10mph. I will post my results.

Reactions: macoman
Water in this picture should be flowing downhill in this screen capture :)

Yes I would at least talk to them and see what they suggest.
View attachment 3507
If the water is flowing that way, then it means the wind is blowing that way. Macoman said the winds were around 3mph, but at the 120ish feet high he is flying, there should be a bit stronger winds. Let's say they are 6-8mph gusts. If your drone is idling at 3mph winds then this gust hits it, the drone will tilt a little bit, until the drone can compensate for the change of wind.

It's kinda like when you are standing and someone pushes you. You will try to correct your standing.

Problem is the EVO never did recover until the next fade out of the video at much lower Alt. This looks very much like the tilted horizon problem that the EVO suffers from to this day. Some have been lucky enough to not have it come back after the last firmware but others still post on facebook that the problem still happens from time to time.

Ohhh...Yeah, that's horizon tilt. I haven't had that issue yet while filming. Did you re-install the firmware again? I'd try that first, as well as doing all of the batteries to see if that solves it. It's worth the little extra effort before being drone-less while Autel is figuring out/fixing your Evo.

I confess I've never done video with the Evo, so I don't know if I have the tilt. I've done time-lapse, but on both occasions, it was in 20+ mph winds. So there is understandable difference between photos of the time-lapse.

I experienced the wobble effect when I was filming a bridge few weeks ago. That's when my crash happened. I tested the Evo at home and looks normal but I need to test the aircraft in the field. My question to you guys, if the wabble effect a physical issue of the camera / gimbal or is a software base issue?
Recalibrate your gimbal on a FLAT SURFACE see if that helps.

I had done the recalibration of the gimbal and firmware reinstalled. I just need to complete a test in the field to see if it's working or not. I will try to do it this coming Thursday.

I had done the recalibration of the gimbal and firmware reinstalled. I just need to complete a test in the field to see if it's working or not. I will try to do it this coming Thursday.

I'm curious if you've had to chance to fly again and if the problem got corrected.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials