Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Will the EVO come to market? Take the poll

Will the EVO come to market?

• Yes

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
I dont think the evo will come out, not after the mavic 2 is released....what would be the point?
I can't see it selling very well. Camera Specs wise its similar to the Air but costs more, Any photog will opt for the 1" sensor of the mavic 2, and the third party apps for dji products outnumber autels by....a million to, at last count....ZERO! Yes, AR customer service rocks...but just compare autels website and store to anybody else's on the internet;, yuneec, gdu, swellpro, hubsan, and yes dji....come on, its a joke.
I love my pumpkin, but EVO brings nothing new to the game besides the Autel name, and after the XSP promises of CES 2017 for those of us who remember the hype and buzz of a just a year ago...that name is mud. .....do I sound just a little scorned?

I have an XSP Drone, four batteries that are usable and two chargers. I plan to fly it until all resources are exhausted. Then I'll hang it on my shop wall. I believe any more expectations than that are foolish.

I have an XSP Drone, four batteries that are usable and two chargers. I plan to fly it until all resources are exhausted. Then I'll hang it on my shop wall. I believe any more expectations than that are foolish.
And no other brand has any better expectations for an existing product.

I remember getting my Phantom and how I loved it. Then I hated it as it began having issues, issues that cost me out of my pocket because DJI are greedy SOB's when it comes to replacement parts. I ended up literally rebuilding the thing; shell, MOB, motos, lights, the shebang. The only original piece left is the transmitter, charger and a couple of batteries...batteries that I might ad are still entirely too pricey to bother, and 3rd party batteries aren't to be trusted IMHO. Which brings us to the biggest reason for upgrading to the XSP, reliability/consistency.

My XSP has always been, 100% reliable and flies consistently. Never a connection issue and just such a joy to fly in comparison to the Phantom which, while cool, isn't in the same league...even with the overhyped SDK assortment, of which I have the 'best' of. And they all have their problems. Believe it. Yet the XSP has been rock solid in both its performance level and build quality. This drone is the tank of drones and I for one couldn't be happier with my XSP. The XSP is the Cadillac of drones as far as I am concerned.

Would I like AR to be more forthcoming? Sure, who wouldn't...but I'm in no rush. The XSP is hardly 'outdated' nor 'a dinosaur'. It works better than the day I started flying it thanks to the last update, and performs admirably, easily capable of holding its own against any drone in it's class...very easily actually.

The Evo is best suited for things the XSP is not, and vice-versa. The Evo WILL be released as AR will fill yet another niche that needs a drone like the Evo. Personally, I rather deal with a company whose focus is on bringing the best product in its class to market, than a company that is only interested in continuously churning out the same rehashed product every 6 months. You know what I mean. Get the Phantom 4 Pro! 6 mos later: Get the Phantom Pro 4 OBSIDIAN! (we made it black!) No, AR does things the correct way IMO, and is the reason I am a customer for life.

Reactions: woody and eyeman56
And no other brand has any better expectations for an existing product.

I remember getting my Phantom and how I loved it. Then I hated it as it began having issues, issues that cost me out of my pocket because DJI are greedy SOB's when it comes to replacement parts. I ended up literally rebuilding the thing; shell, MOB, motos, lights, the shebang. The only original piece left is the transmitter, charger and a couple of batteries...batteries that I might ad are still entirely too pricey to bother, and 3rd party batteries aren't to be trusted IMHO. Which brings us to the biggest reason for upgrading to the XSP, reliability/consistency.

My XSP has always been, 100% reliable and flies consistently. Never a connection issue and just such a joy to fly in comparison to the Phantom which, while cool, isn't in the same league...even with the overhyped SDK assortment, of which I have the 'best' of. And they all have their problems. Believe it. Yet the XSP has been rock solid in both its performance level and build quality. This drone is the tank of drones and I for one couldn't be happier with my XSP. The XSP is the Cadillac of drones as far as I am concerned.

Would I like AR to be more forthcoming? Sure, who wouldn't...but I'm in no rush. The XSP is hardly 'outdated' nor 'a dinosaur'. It works better than the day I started flying it thanks to the last update, and performs admirably, easily capable of holding its own against any drone in it's class...very easily actually.

The Evo is best suited for things the XSP is not, and vice-versa. The Evo WILL be released as AR will fill yet another niche that needs a drone like the Evo. Personally, I rather deal with a company whose focus is on bringing the best product in its class to market, than a company that is only interested in continuously churning out the same rehashed product every 6 months. You know what I mean. Get the Phantom 4 Pro! 6 mos later: Get the Phantom Pro 4 OBSIDIAN! (we made it black!) No, AR does things the correct way IMO, and is the reason I am a customer for life.
I like my autel drone I fiy a lot takes beautiful pictures and very stable and it was affordable unlike DJI and customer service is on comparable no one else customer service like autel

As a newbie in this drone industry, actually i knew Autelx because of the Evo drones, when the first time i saw the Evo on the random site, then i thought, what? is that a new Mavic? then i search around the net, ohh okay, now i know, it is Autelx products

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE