Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Why can't I change the image format in Mission mode?

MattDBealGIS

Reaction score
When I go into the camera settings on the mission that I have recorded, most of the options can't be changed. Most importantly, the image format appears to be locked on JPG. I need to shoot RAW. Am I missing something?

I wish. It's ridiculous that there is not a way to shoot raw in missions. I prefer AEB, but that's a real dream. So I fly manually whenever I can.

I wish. It's ridiculous that there is not a way to shoot raw in missions. I prefer AEB, but that's a real dream. So I fly manually whenever I can.
Wow... That is extremely unfortunate. I really wish that was more prominent in the product information available prior to purchasing as that's a pretty big deal. Thanks for letting me know!

This is incorrect. You can shoot RAW in missions. To do this first change the settings from JPG to JPG+RAW or RAW in the manual flight screen ("Camera"). Then press the Autel button in the top left of the screen and now select "Mission". Before starting the mission, edit the settings and you should see that the flight speed has been reduced drastically (I believe 4mph is the maximum when shooting RAW). Happy flying.

This is incorrect. You can shoot RAW in missions. To do this first change the settings from JPG to JPG+RAW or RAW in the manual flight screen ("Camera"). Then press the Autel button in the top left of the screen and now select "Mission". Before starting the mission, edit the settings and you should see that the flight speed has been reduced drastically (I believe 4mph is the maximum when shooting RAW). Happy flying.
I'm 99% sure that I have tried this. All of the manual flights I have done have been in JPG + RAW. I have also heard from Autel support that it is not supported, but I will still check tomorrow and follow up.

Thanks. I will try this!

Yeah... So unless I'm missing something, it is is still not possible to have the photos taken in RAW during a mission. I tried again this morning and still had no option to shoot in RAW. The format option is simply grayed out and can't be changed.

Thanks. I will try this!
I tried again. No luck. I set the format to raw and went directly to missions. I tried a new mission and an existing mission. Could it be firmware version? I'm sure I'm running the latest version. Maybe it was possible in an older version.
If anyone has any further insight, please share.

I tried again. No luck. I set the format to raw and went directly to missions. I tried a new mission and an existing mission. Could it be firmware version? I'm sure I'm running the latest version. Maybe it was possible in an older version.
If anyone has any further insight, please share.
Unfortunately, I think it is just a case of not being implemented. There tech support told me as much and said that they would submit it as a suggestion for future firmware updates.

I am sorry to hear that it did not work for you. I actually found that i works for me by mistake. The day before I shot some images in RAW. The day after I was going to do a mission and it was taking 6X longer because the drone was crawling. After messing around for a little bit I found that the drone needed to fly the mission slower in order to save both RAW+JPG images. Once I changed back to JPG only, the mission went back to its original length.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials