Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Which DJI product is the Evo the competition for and quibbles a month in.

mjbok

Reaction score
I have three DJI drones. The Spark, Air, and the original Phantom. So really I have two DJI drones. My question is what is the Evo the equivalent of?

I have no experience with the Pro (which I would guess is the closest comparison), so I can only compare the Evo to the two I have.

Spark
No comparison. Outside of a few photo options that little Sparky has the Evo outclasses it in every regard.

Air
This one is a little tougher. The Air is close to the Evo in many regards, but still falls well short of the Evo in flight time, controller, max distance, and many others. If the Air had the Pro controller with data displayed on it it might be closer, but I love having all the data on the controller

The main quibbles I have with the Evo are all fixable, and many aren't related to the drone itself. Improvements I'd like to see:
1. Features in the software
a. more modes (pano especially)
b. have waypoints be able to recreate gimbal angle and orientation
c. have waypoints be able to select if the drone should stop at each point
d. flight logs
e. ability to dump waypoint missions across multiple devices

2. Accessories
a. battery availability
b. prop availability
c. a true tablet holder
d. 3rd party cases for the Evo
e. multi-battery charger warranty that doesn't void warranty
f. battery to USB adapter (like the Air has)

3. Actual flight issues
a. Orbit mode fix
b. horizon leveling fix (even with the latest firmware it isn't "right")

Thoughts?

i have all these and the spark is certainly the lower end,sorta split on whether the evo or mavic is tops

I have three DJI drones. The Spark, Air, and the original Phantom. So really I have two DJI drones. My question is what is the Evo the equivalent of?

I have no experience with the Pro (which I would guess is the closest comparison), so I can only compare the Evo to the two I have.

Spark
No comparison. Outside of a few photo options that little Sparky has the Evo outclasses it in every regard.

Air
This one is a little tougher. The Air is close to the Evo in many regards, but still falls well short of the Evo in flight time, controller, max distance, and many others. If the Air had the Pro controller with data displayed on it it might be closer, but I love having all the data on the controller

The main quibbles I have with the Evo are all fixable, and many aren't related to the drone itself. Improvements I'd like to see:
1. Features in the software
a. more modes (pano especially)
b. have waypoints be able to recreate gimbal angle and orientation
c. have waypoints be able to select if the drone should stop at each point
d. flight logs
e. ability to dump waypoint missions across multiple devices

2. Accessories
a. battery availability
b. prop availability
c. a true tablet holder
d. 3rd party cases for the Evo
e. multi-battery charger warranty that doesn't void warranty
f. battery to USB adapter (like the Air has)

3. Actual flight issues
a. Orbit mode fix
b. horizon leveling fix (even with the latest firmware it isn't "right")

Thoughts?
Go Professional makes a case for the Evo.

The EVO is closest to the Mavic Pro and the Magic Air, having NOT owned either of these I cannot comment or compare, however I think the Air is a bit smallish compared to the EVO and believe the EVO is meant as direct competition to the Pro

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hunterc222