Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Where to find logs (no phone connected to remote; no SD card)

crusho

Reaction score
Website
chisrusho.com
(This is a cross post from some FB groups; I apologize. Whichever post gets more response, I'll take down the others.)
  1. I know how to pull logs off my phone when it's connected to the remote during flight. Is there any way to pull a flight log when there was no phone connected and no SD card in the drone?
  2. How do things generally go in a crash situation when there aren't any logs (assuming the answer to #1 is "there isn't")?
  3. What's generally the first thing one should do after a crash? Call your sales rep? Call Autel? Keep thanking the universe you got just enough seconds of telemetry/control back to:
    1. See where you were
    2. Somehow be almost next to a closed lacrosse field
    3. Somehow after multiple attempts get it over the field — and not over the active road it appeared to be hovering over — I did, or at least thought I did (though I could not change the altitude, land it, etc.)
    4. Have a neighborhood walker find it (in the adjacent baseball field) right before the sun went down and call me, and have it not be in pieces, with even the gimbal intact (though it looks like a recently-used football cleat)
Still in shock here. I'd be glad to tell the story, attach pics of the drone in its current condition, etc — but for now I'd just love someone to help me get some clarity what the next steps should be.

Reactions: Dondidon
You need a phone connected to have logs. No other way. Autel has been pretty good in the past with replacing fly a ways where there is no log. It is decided on a case by case type of deal. Always best to have a phone connected.

And no telemetry, little evidence to make the warranty work if there was a hardware problem. Something to consider too.

You need a phone connected to have logs. No other way. Autel has been pretty good in the past with replacing fly a ways where there is no log. It is decided on a case by case type of deal. Always best to have a phone connected.
This is something I've experienced. My EVO 1 got lost and I was unable to find it and Autel finally did replace it but this is not to say that they will always be that obliging. It seems to me that we should be able to use the remote display as I really like it better than my phone but who wants to take the chance. I wish Autel would do something about this but evidently not as the EVO 2 uses the same remote.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials