Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

When will we see more info?

C

Colorado_scott

OK, I’m a bit impatient. A few EVO videos around from CES. Autel talks of a release soon with pricing. I’d think the EVO would be sent to reviewers already / very soon and we’d be reading / watching YouTube videos in the next weeks. CES talk from Autel indicate there are a few things left to refine before release but no indication of what or how extensive. There was some talk about a carbon fiber chassis to reduce weight and perhaps extend flight times.

With many Autel historians talking about product that was promised and never materialized I’d think Autel would be feeding ‘us’ more info, WEEKLY, on updates about the EVO - yet nothing.

I wonder when we’ll hear the next bit of info on the EVO?

When DJI announces new product next week I wonder if they will be ready to go, taking orders and delivering products? (Or soon after announcement)

The Autel Customer service people are in the process of making a FAQ on their website. I checked today but its still not up when I looked. Considering 99% of Autel staff was at CES they are probably trying to get caught up at the office.
They said they are looking at Q2 for a release date. that could be all the way into June I think. No one will have them in hand for a review much sooner then the release date.
It will be out when its out.

Reactions: JR Videography
Scott, You can get the best information by calling Autel directly. They answer their phones! And they answer questions that are asked of them. :)

I wonder when we’ll hear the next bit of info on the EVO?
We'll know at the CES 2019 show :D

When DJI announces new product next week I wonder if they will be ready to go, taking orders and delivering products? (Or soon after announcement)
When DJI shows a product for release, they release it. They do not typically show "ideas" to the public until they are ready to sell it. They will start taking pre-orders then start delivering shortly after. The Mavic was my longest wait, and that was due to the new design and they didn't think it was gonna take hold the way it did, (hence the EVO creation). I ordered in October and received it just before Christmas.

When I was working (retired now) we had a saying, ‘control customer expectations’. This of course meant telling customers the truth and communicating clearly and often. It was a sound principle. Customers don’t really care if new products are announced with a delivery time of 3 months as most like to see roadmaps of future products so they can plan too. I was under the impression based on the CES announcement and taking pre-orders that the EVO would start shipping soon. I will now change my expectation to June and not wait around for new information.

It does seem weight and actual flight time are issues that need to be solved. A carbon fiber frame will help this. I’m sure that optical recognition is part of the tweaking process too.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: Phillyjon

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials