Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What is this other drone Autel??? 1:26 marker

Still75

Reaction score
So I was viewing a short video on the Autel channel about the Autel Live deck. I noticed a strange looking, what appears to be functional drone to the side in the clip. At first glance I thought it was simply the XSP. But than I take a closer look and realize it can't be the XSP because the landing gear are totally different. So I did a screen shot and zoomed in. The landing gear appears to be one that may raise up similar to the typhoon drones. Now I could be extremely wrong .. But I didn't think the typhoon drones came in an orange fashion. Was it just me hoping there might be a future for the XSP .. one that could somehow sink in with the live deck a new drone from Autel. I know the updated drone that was previewed at the 2017 CES event never came to production but what if. Let me know if you got any thoughts.

This is the link to the actual video

Screenshot_20190529-201514.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190529-201258.png
    Screenshot_20190529-201258.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
It's a prototype that I remembered they showed last year... It's just that, nothing really important.

Nope, it's this prototype, showed at CES in 2017

View attachment 4470
As you can observe in the video, the drone has 6 rotors. I have marked them for you in the picture below.
Untitled.jpg
The one you show in your picture was an X-Star with 4 rotors and retractable gear that never came to be. IF you look at the gear from the video, it's a black T shape landing gear. Exacly like the one shown in the photo below from the H520.
h520-overview-header.jpg

The reason I have knowledge about this drone, is because I looked into the Typhoon H+ when I was doing research for photogrammetry. Turns out Yuneec stripped the H+ of all the good functions, in order to sell the H520... and at $4,000, they can keep it.

As you can observe in the video, the drone has 6 rotors. I have marked them for you in the picture below.
View attachment 4471
The one you show in your picture was an X-Star with 4 rotors and retractable gear that never came to be. IF you look at the gear from the video, it's a black T shape landing gear. Exacly like the one shown in the photo below from the H520.
View attachment 4472

The reason I have knowledge about this drone, is because I looked into the Typhoon H+ when I was doing research for photogrammetry. Turns out Yuneec stripped the H+ of all the good functions, in order to sell the H520... and at $4,000, they can keep it.

Wow $4000 that's a great deal to drop down a drone! I wasn't too certain what kind of drone I saw. But I guess the police department can afford that. But I still question the piece though. The video it self is geared towards the Autel live deck... Why have another drone from another manufacturer in the shot when you're promoting your own drone... None the less thanks for the information.

View attachment 4471
View attachment 4472

Wow, $4,000 dollars drone... If I have that money for a drone I would go for a DJI inspire 2.

Reactions: Ansia
Wow, $4,000 dollars drone... If I have that money for a drone I would go for a DJI inspire 2.

Still only 4 props. With the Yuneec H520 you get 6 props. If one fails it still flies and does not crash unlike the DJI Inspire 2. ;) Plus the Inspire gets expensive when you start adding different cameras.

Still only 4 props. With the Yuneec H520 you get 6 props. If one fails it still flies and does not crash unlike the DJI Inspire 2. ;) Plus the Inspire gets expensive when you start adding different cameras.
The problem with the H520 is that it's not as professional has the inspire... The inspire has better camera, range and capabilities.

The problem with the H520 is that it's not as professional has the inspire... The inspire has better camera, range and capabilities.

Very true but you have to consider that straight out of the box the Inspire 2 is not much of a UAV. Adding the different cameras to make it a professional system will set you back a good sum of money. And once you have that all in the air, having six motors instead of just 4 would be a good insurance to have so I think I would go with the H520. The H520 was brought out from what I remember to more of a industry work horse that companies use catering to the commercial market.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain