Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What happens when you let go of the control

rkyleh

Reaction score
Another reason I love this bird.
Watch what happens when you let go of the control when your flying just above the cactus.

Nothing the thing looks like it was nailed to the wall!

Reactions: Tommy Molnar
Some people don't like how fast it stops. They say thats the reason for cracked shells.
I don't fly hard and fast so its not a problem for me. If I am flying fast I feather the stick so it kind of glides to a stop.

Yea, I don’t fly fast either. 11mph is just fine. I love the quick stops, as sometimes I’m dropping into tree-lined canyons to find hidden waterfalls. Flying via iPad is dangerous, so the quick stops have saved me more than once from hitting a tree branch!

Some people don't like how fast it stops. They say thats the reason for cracked shells.
I don't fly hard and fast so its not a problem for me. If I am flying fast I feather the stick so it kind of glides to a stop.
Really??? I want to hear that one from the structural engineers before I believe it. Maybe "stopping fast" means slamming into a concrete wall.

It does hover nicely. And, as most of us know, calibrating the compass before a flight (especially in a new location) insures that it will hover right on a dime.

Good video!

I agree. Since the last firmware upgrade, the flight characteristics have improved greatly. I had the luxury of doing a side-by-side comparison of an XSP on the older firmware and one on the new version. It was raining so we did flight comparisons inside of a 40k sqft hanger. Playing chicken with a steel walled hanger to test the braking and turning characteristics really separates the boyz from their toyz.

Really??? I want to hear that one from the structural engineers before I believe it. Maybe "stopping fast" means slamming into a concrete wall.
Another drone manufacturer started having problems with cracked shells when they pioneered the airbrake feature. The torquing of the motors was causing stress cracks. A lot of guys were successfully using epoxy on it to repair them.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xander0791