Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

What’s longest 4K video clip you can shoot?

I know 4K uses an enormous amount of memory, but is there a limit for a single clip shot by an Evo (4k@25fps)? I seem to “hit the wall” at 4mins 48secs, using the Autel included 32gB microcard.

I am getting 4:48 per file - regardless of 30fps or 60fps -- since you mention 25fps -- and they are storing at 3.35GB each with a difference -- in just bytes...

This is how it is breaking them down on the EVO with BETA firmware and the 32GB card that come with it and formatted by the EVO.

Not sure why they do not push 3.5 or 3.75 -- since it is a 4GB limit we are talking about -- as to why the files are being split in the first place.

Reactions: Ansia and Nightbat2
Yes, the new Mac Mini is something else. Pricey, though.
I just yesterday got one used, the middle model, on Craigslist — 4 months old. I’m now going to sell my 2015 MBP, b/c it’s actually worth more than what I paid for the MM! I’m a CL junkie, lol. If you’re careful, patient and do your homework, there’s some great deals there occasionally...

Reactions: Nightbat2
Man. I want a 75 QLED now! ??
QLED’s are really good. I had a horrendous experience with a 2015 model LG OLED , I got a year earlier. It broke 3 times in 2 months. After a lengthy fight from hell with LG, they took it back, full refund.
OLED has the best picture, no doubt. Repair guys said they have twice as many service calls as LED/LCD’s, and they replace a lot of ful panels ($$$). So, I went back to LCD. They’ve gotten much better, 90% of what OLED can do in terms of blacks, contrast ratio’s, HDR. Samsung’s QLED’s are excellent, even the cheapest model.

The biggest difference though, LCD’s actually work when you turn them on....;)

Last edited:
QLED’s are really good. I had a horrendous experience with a 2015 model LG OLED , I got a year earlier. It broke 3 times in 2 months. After a lengthy fight from hell with LG, they took it back, full refund.
OLED has the best picture, no doubt. Repair guys said they have twice as many service calls as LED/LCD’s, and they replace a lot of ful panels ($$$). So, I went back to LCD. They’ve gotten much better, 90% of what OLED can do in terms of blacks, contrast ratio’s, HDR. Samsung’s QLED’s are excellent, even the cheapest model.

The biggest difference though, LCD’s actually work when you turn them on....;)
Bought myself this one.

It has 240hz, HDR+ and all that fancy gimicks that scream YOU DON'T NEED THEM, BUT WANT THEM!

I came from a 2010 50' Samsung 3D Plasma. Still works. It even survived hurricane winds and water. I just moved it to another bedroom in the house.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Bought myself this one.

It has 240hz, HDR+ and all that fancy gimicks that scream YOU DON'T NEED THEM, BUT WANT THEM!

I came from a 2010 50' Samsung 3D Plasma. Still works. It even survived hurricane winds and water. I just moved it to another bedroom in the house.
That’s a really good TV. I was about to get one when I saw the deal for this at $999 last Thanksgiving. I see it’s come down from $1500 already! https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-QN65Q6F-Flat-QLED-Smart/dp/B079V1MSQ1

• Wow
Reactions: Ansia
I though the cards were formatted ExFat?? As others have mentioned, you can record 4K video until you run out of space. On an XSP w/64gb card, that’s most of your flight. I was trying to shoot whales breaching in Hawaii once, and I just let it run the entire flight. Whales must have been unionized, on a long break. I got 20 minutes of rolling sea...zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
It has mostly to do with file size limits on most computers. A long time ago, the Mac busses couldn't address a file size larger than 2 GB. It has since been increased to somewhere around 4 for most native OS and applications. That's why I think it splits (at least on mine at about 3.85 GB). It's not the card, it's the computer system file address size. I used to have that problem with very large Photoshop files years ago...they were 2 big to save or they would just corrupt and you couldn't open them. This is just my opinion from 20+ years of Photoshop work and running into these issues in the past.

It has mostly to do with file size limits on most computers. A long time ago, the Mac busses couldn't address a file size larger than 2 GB. It has since been increased to somewhere around 4 for most native OS and applications. That's why I think it splits (at least on mine at about 3.85 GB). It's not the card, it's the computer system file address size. I used to have that problem with very large Photoshop files years ago...they were 2 big to save or they would just corrupt and you couldn't open them. This is just my opinion from 20+ years of Photoshop work and running into these issues in the past.
I think that changed when Apple released AFPS in early 2017, but reading the Unix tech blogs on the subject gives me a headache :(

Reactions: Marcle
The Evo sequentially records 4K video in separate files to be able to better store footage on the SD card, these are seamless and can be stitched together in a post production program. There is no setting to change this storage function.

Reactions: Nightbat2
The computer is not recording on the SD card. The drone is.
If what you are saying is true then you would not be able to have any files on your pc that were bigger than the 3.58GB that you are saying. I've had video files larger than 20GB on my computer with no problems back in the first days of Pentiums. I think you are mistaking what the computer SD slot is capable of reading. My one pc back in the late 90's would not read a card larger than 1GB. The next pc I got could read 4GB. Now they can pretty well read any size you throw at it.

The computer is not recording on the SD card. The drone is.
If what you are saying is true then you would not be able to have any files on your pc that were bigger than the 3.58GB that you are saying. I've had video files larger than 20GB on my computer with no problems back in the first days of Pentiums. I think you are mistaking what the computer SD slot is capable of reading. My one pc back in the late 90's would not read a card larger than 1GB. The next pc I got could read 4GB. Now they can pretty well read any size you throw at it.
Well, I'm just going by past experience. I know that used to be an issue. You are correct though, computers will address larger files nowadays. I guess I'll have to mull this one over again,?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jorgeg