Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Weird behavior in Waypoint mode

mjbok

Reaction score
I've had issues in Waypoint mode where it will stop flying unless obstacle avoidance was off. Ran a screen capture program when I flew yesterday so I can pull what the message is, but I think it is something about angle of the gimbal.

But that isn't what this post is about, I had two weird things happen yesterday, one was all the time the other was in Waypoint mode.

1. I had constant beeps until I got above 150 feet. To me that means something must be wrong with obstacle avoidance.
2. In waypoint mode at the end of the third mission I flew when it got to the final endpoint the drone just starting descending rapidly. I pulled it out of Waypoint mode, but I'm guessing the mission is set to land at completion. However I have run this mission dozens of times and have never had this happen before. I suppose I just have to check the mission to see if I accidentally hit something while loading the mission. Doesn't it have to have changes saved?

Sounds like the gimbal has taken a knock and needs recalibrating.

And my EVO started descending abruptly last week when it was only 100ft away from me. I had taken my eye off the clock and gone past the 15min battery warning (which I have now re-set to the minimum) which meant I was in emergency landing mode.

Sounds like the gimbal has taken a knock and needs recalibrating.

And my EVO started descending abruptly last week when it was only 100ft away from me. I had taken my eye off the clock and gone past the 15min battery warning (which I have now re-set to the minimum) which meant I was in emergency landing mode.

I didn't even think about recalibrating the gimbal. I will give that a whirl. Thanks for the idea. 15 minute battery warning? That would be a short flight.

:) 15% - but you knew that.

I figured it had to be, but I see the ads on Facebook for the Evo that state 30 minute flight time, which (though I love the drone) I find hilarious and misleading.

I figured it had to be, but I see the ads on Facebook for the Evo that state 30 minute flight time, which (though I love the drone) I find hilarious and misleading.

That bugs the crap out if me. Why lie? Why not be fair and honest with your customers. It's called false advertising. I've asked both DJI and Autel to provide proof of their stated flight times even in perfect condition, and neither responded. I wish Autel would fix their gimbal issues as well. Dustin who is the best drone reviewer out their, just posted this video which shows Orbit in the Autel still pretty much useless. Come on Autel, fix these bugs.

That bugs the crap out if me. Why lie? Why not be fair and honest with your customers. It's called false advertising. I've asked both DJI and Autel to provide proof of their stated flight times even in perfect condition, and neither responded. I wish Autel would fix their gimbal issues as well. Dustin who is the best drone reviewer out their, just posted this video which shows Orbit in the Autel still pretty much useless. Come on Autel, fix these bugs.

I'm sure someone else has done it, but I'd love to take all the drones that I have, charge up a couple batteries for each, and have them hover 5 feet off the ground and see what the flight time for each is. I'm guessing my Spark would get 10, my Air 14, my Evo 21-22. All way below stated flight times.

there are a few videos out there, one in particular was indoor Mavic, Mavic Air and EVO, I forget the guys name and the results, but typical flight time for EVO is 23 minutes for me, and that is pretty much at the low battery warning, so I can see an easy 25-27 minutes if you push it to critical

Nice video but I have to say my EVO lands literally 1" off of the take off point and always has done precision landing crazy good. Maybe I'm just lucky........lol

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barry.bain