Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Waypoint mission questions

mjbok

Reaction score
Individual Waypoint missions are stored on your phone, not on the controller/drone, correct?

Is there transfer missions from one device to another?

Previously I tried to edit an existing message and couldn't save over the existing. Is this a bug/feature or am I doing it wrong?

Lastly is there a save as feature? I want to run the same mission at different altitudes and would like to open an existing and just change the altitudes at all of the points.

Thanks!

For context, what I'm trying to do is build a history of a house being built. I am doing this for a friend. I've done simple surveys in the past for other friends and have a fairly simple 3x3 grid that I do, taking pictures at 50, 100, 200, and 400 feet. However when I did the initial work over the weekend it is a much larger property than usual. The lot is 1100 feet deep, so I'm planning on doing more pictures to give a more complete picture. Since the lot is a lot bigger I can't eyeball it like I have in the past, which is why I want to do waypoints. From looking at the image attached I have additional questions.

Should I go left to right, then forward, then right to left, then forward then left to right, etc. or should I just do the long runs? With the long runs it is significantly more distance.
I'm guessing it is best to do a pass at an altitude then raise, do another pass rather than doing all attitudes at a location?

Figuring other people have done similar things.

Attachments

• Path.jpg
    Path.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 10
Individual Waypoint missions are stored on your phone, not on the controller/drone, correct?

Is there transfer missions from one device to another?

If it is still the same as the X-Star mission planner then Yes to your first question and no to your second question. Sending it to a cloud server might work but from what I remember Autel does not do this. I have tried taking the save waypoint file from my Android phone and using it on my Android tablet. It would not load it. Again if Autel is following their same format the Android systems could never edit a mission where as the iOS one could. Not sure which operating system you are using.

Lastly is there a save as feature? I want to run the same mission at different altitudes and would like to open an existing and just change the altitudes at all of the points.

Again I think it has to do with the operating system you have.

I have programmed a route offline so to speak, then used a copy of it offline to use the exact route at a different altitude and speed. I just saved it with a different name. IE...Shop2 and Shop2 125 FT. The original Shop2 flew at 197 ft. Not sure if this helps... all of this is saved on my phone in the Explorer app of course and down or uploaded to the EVO when flying.

I have programmed a route offline so to speak, then used a copy of it offline to use the exact route at a different altitude and speed. I just saved it with a different name. IE...Shop2 and Shop2 125 FT. The original Shop2 flew at 197 ft. Not sure if this helps... all of this is saved on my phone in the Explorer app of course and down or uploaded to the EVO when flying.
Yes, that does help. Looking at it you can tweak a mission and save it under a new name you just can't save it as the same name, which is a UX issue, but can be overcome. I'm going to do it offline. I just hope that the map translates accurately GPS wise to when I get to the location.

I think you will be fine but a word of caution, when editing the waypoints for the new route... make sure you don't accidentally move the route... as the waypoints will slide around with your finger control... just tap the waypoint, edit and save... when all waypoints are adjusted, save as NEWNAME and you should be good to go. Any variation should also show different distances between the individual waypoints from the original as a way to check.

Reactions: Normex and alekaras

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman