Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

How do you resume a mission after a battery swap?

FlyingAnts

Reaction score
I have a mission that takes more than one battery charge and I can’t figure out how to resume a mission after the battery swap. I can only start all over again. The “Resume Mission” section of the manual is no help. It mentions a “Task Management“ button that I don’t know what that is because it is only mentioned that one time in the whole manual. When I hit the “Missions” button I am taken the list of missions and the one I want is there with a screenshot showing the partially completed mission, but no option of continuing that mission where it left off. If I click on that mission, I only have the option of starting from the beginning again. Am I missing something?

Been a long time so I'm going to go off memory. I seem to recall if you pause the mission properly, then you get asked to resume. Change the battery in between; something like that. Not surprised it isn't all that intuitive.

Been a long time so I'm going to go off memory. I seem to recall if you pause the mission properly, then you get asked to resume. Change the battery in between; something like that. Not surprised it isn't all that intuitive.
That’s what I expected it to be. I pause it, return to home, swap battery, and have no option to resume mission. Unless I’m somehow not seeing it, but I would assume it would be obvious.

That’s what I expected it to be. I pause it, return to home, swap battery, and have no option to resume mission. Unless I’m somehow not seeing it, but I would assume it would be obvious.
I think I recall seeing the option to resume when I tried to trigger the same mission again. When my original mission was cut short and I came home, I expected to start over again with a longer life battery and I remember being asked if I wanted to pickup where it left off. This was few years ago, sorry.

I think I recall seeing the option to resume when I tried to trigger the same mission again. When my original mission was cut short and I came home, I expected to start over again with a longer life battery and I remember being asked if I wanted to pickup where it left off. This was few years ago, sorry.
When I trigger the same mission again it just starts from the beginning. This is all with the newest firmware.

Thank you for asking this. I was starting to feel like I had gone crazy when I couldn't get anything to resume and I would end up having to reprogram a mission and have significant wasted time and overlap when the mission couldn't be resumed. I wasn't able to find anything online to address this. It might just be a firmware issue that needs to be updated with future updates.

Same issue here, battery low caused mission to pause and the EVO returned to the home position. I did a hot swap on the battery successfully but there was no option to resume the mission. I tried hitting the takeoff home button, I tried relaunching the mission, this just started the mission over.

I have a mission that takes more than one battery charge and I can’t figure out how to resume a mission after the battery swap. I can only start all over again. The “Resume Mission” section of the manual is no help. It mentions a “Task Management“ button that I don’t know what that is because it is only mentioned that one time in the whole manual. When I hit the “Missions” button I am taken the list of missions and the one I want is there with a screenshot showing the partially completed mission, but no option of continuing that mission where it left off. If I click on that mission, I only have the option of starting from the beginning again. Am I missing something?
I don't have a Max, just an EVO II Pro. Can you plan the site with different missions ? How big is the site ? I was thinking maybe you could split the site into different missions with sufficient overlap between the "missions". Seems the only logical method if you're just limited to one battery due to no option for continuing with a battery swap.

Update: If you hit the pause mission button, the mission will pause once the drone reaches the end of its current leg. You can then fly the drone back to yourself, hot swap the battery, and then the takeoff button reappears to restart the mission from where you left off.

If you let the Evo Max return to you due to low battery this will not work. You have to return to you prior to a low battery return to home.

Reactions: EBERLS
How can you change the number of photos taken during a mission?

Can you use the NV or IR camera during a mission for photos?

Can you take videos during a mission?

How can you change the number of photos taken during a mission?

Can you use the NV or IR camera during a mission for photos?

Can you take videos during a mission?
The number of photos for the mission is dictated by the height of the mission. Higher you are the less photos, lower you are the more photos it will take.

Missions will use both the regular camera and the IR camera so if your mission is 100 photos you will get 100 regular and 100 IR.

I haven't tried taking video while flying a mission.

Reactions: benray236

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo