Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Want to purchase in the UK

Purpleash22

Reaction score
I was first drawn by suggestions that Autel Robotics was closing but further reading from forums gave reassurance statement saying this was unfounded and that they have only reduced staff numbers in order to concentrate in developing your next generation Drone technology.

On first interest in Drones, one can not be drawn away from the high technological advancements in DJI’s Drones and how good they fly. They cater for both professional and amateur alike backed up with YouTube videos watched in awe. However, reading DJI’s reviews on their Customer Service, they fall a long way short of professional with delays and missing items when ordering and people are not updated and acknowledged when orders are put in.

Then I stumbled across Autel Robotics X-Star and X-Star Premier Drones. My son and I were blown away and fully intend on purchasing an X-Star premier each. Reviews earlier said Autel Robotics reply quickly to requests and orders and out the two DJI fell a long way short of Autel Robotics, so just as important the Drones being more than capable, the Customer Service is equally as important.

Drone-for-less have a UK .co.uk e-mail address and English 020 telephone number that leap-frogs calls to the USA without the long distance call charges. However, the last reviews mainly state that they send orders of Drones out with long delays and no acknowledgement or confirmation or purchase. Also that customers sometimes receive orders with parts missing. Days go by where no contact can be made with them. Told that warranties are valid in the UK then found not to be after purchase. Told that English Adapters are given with the set for recharging of the batteries, when none are given so left to our own purchase US to English plug adapters. So one of the most important factors when purchasing a Drone other than the capabilities of the drones themselves, is also good Customer Service. Acknowledgement of query or purchase payment received and assistance when items are missing from the pack. If Customer Service is let down like the bad reviews DJI get, then if Autel Robotics follow suite then I will look elsewhere for both my son’s and my purchase. Can anyone out there reassure me that Autel Robotics is reliable?

If you can reassure me that my worries are unfounded, then I might reconsider. With such a good Drone technology to match DJI’s, does anyone know of a UK based store link that one can make purchase of X-Star Premium Drones and accessories and where us English can feel confident in purchasing their equipment and know that we can get easy access to Customer Service queries and updates?

Autel will not ship outside of North America. As long as you pay for shipping and duty\taxes the warranty is good.

I am afraid that Customer Services told me that the Warranty was not valid in the UK as the Drone had not gained/got CE approval.

I am UK based and while I use the Drone, I took a risk on the warranty issues.

I purchased via. Dronesforless. My XStar had an FAA registration number marked inside the battery enclosure and had signs of the manual etc. being opened. Also the SD Card and the usb cable was missing? The SD card was sent following a call to DronesforLess. Was my XStar used ? yes probably, but not much.

Would I buy a Drone from them again ... No.

Contact me by private conversation and we can talk a lot more about my experience.

Regards, Cider Boy.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy