Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Vote for Litchi

This is great! Plus Dronelink in the mix too. I get the feeling there are a lot of Flyers waiting for Lite+'s to arrive so noise may ramp up a bit when production numbers start getting out there. There is a massive dollar jump right now between the Lite+ and Mavic 3 and very little increase in optical quality (lots of improvements with Mavic 3 in other areas though) so for many Lite+ well be the sweet spot with the Mavic 3 just too expensive to justify.... maybe :)

There is a big difference between Litchi being "interested in" and "planning on" adding support, if and when Autel follows through on their own "plans to develop" the SDK. Lots of "ifs" in there. The EVO 2 SDK already exists, and Litchi still hasn't even committed to supporting it yet. Litchi, like others, is waiting for a threshold number of Autel owners to justify the additional development costs of also supporting Autel, in addition to all DJI aircraft, that are their real bread and butter!

Time will tell all, and hope springs eternal!
I have a "dog" in this fight too (pun intended!)! 🤣
Too funi! :)

All good points. I would add, however, that Litchi jumped into the DJI market when DJI was not the behemoth it is now. That put Litchi at a market advantage years later as one of, if not the most popular, DJI sdk apps. Developing a great app doesn't hurt! Would being in the same position with Autlel drones be a good investment? That's what we'll have to wait and see.
Indeed! One of the disadvantages of buying a boutique drone is that very few aftermarket products are made to support it, because the user base isn't large enough to justify the investment, unlike DJI, where, within weeks of release, everyone is making custom cases and brackets and mods. Never could find a single windsurfer made for the EVO or EVO 2! Yet, dozens to choose from are made for every DJI RC! Autel needs to sell more drones!

I'm sure they agree with you. The current hardware is capable and competitive. Control software needs to get there.
Yup. The drones and cameras are very capable. It's the controllers, software (4.5 minutes for a spherical pano, when DJI can shoot it in 30-40 seconds!) and smoothness of the flight to match DJI that is lacking. With more sales come more engineers. If they started with more engineers, the sales might follow!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy