Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Vote for Litchi

Bussty

Reaction score
I own the Mavic Mini and love Litchi but now looking to buy the Lite+ and really would love Litchi to support Autel drones. If you can be bothered signing into Litchi and voting you can make your wish for Litchi to include Autel in this voting site on the Litchi Forum Support for Autel Drones

Thank you!!

Dude, you are literally wasting your time.
I work with Litchi for beta-testing, and I've already broached this subject with him.
It is unable to do with Autel drones what it does with DJI's SDK. Autel on its Pixhawk (ardupilot) based flight platform is unable to program smooth flights, turn mode, gradual altitude etc., finally what DJI is able to do.
It would be a waste of time for him and an unprofitable project compared to
1) To the number of Dji in flight compared to Autel.
2) Not enough clientele.
3) Autel does not play in the same playground as Dji

Also, it seems to me that the Lite does not have the Waypoints mode in its flight modules
Anyway, it will not be able to do better than Autel in the flight programming that the Evo(s) do.

Last edited:
Reactions: G_G
Dude, you are literally wasting your time.
I work with Litchi for beta-testing, and I've already broached this subject with him.
It is unable to do with Autel drones what it does with DJI's SDK. Autel on its Pixhawk (ardupilot) based flight platform is unable to program smooth flights, turn mode, gradual altitude etc., finally what DJI is able to do.
It would be a waste of time for him and an unprofitable project compared to
1) To the number of Dji in flight compared to Altar.
2) Not enough clientele.
3) Autel does not play in the same playground as Dji

Also, it seems to me that the Lite does not have the Waypoints mode in its flight modules
Anyway, it will not be able to do better than Autel in the flight programming that the Evo(s) do.
Good to know. Does Autel even make an SDK for it's drones?

Maybe in a perfect future world when Autel has a bigger market share? DJI has certainly discouraged many with it's latest Mavic 3 and way it has come to market, price and configurations.

I use Litchi on the DJI Mavic which also doesn't have Waypoints built in but the "Virtual Sticks" mode Litchi uses works perfectly. Maybe one day :)

Cheers

Reactions: gschulzuio
It is now necessary to take a Dji Air 2s, because for a month now, it has all the functions of lychee flights with also the missions and the programmed turns.
I currently also have a Mavic 2 Pro, I always fly with Litchi whatever the Flight mode and my next one an Air 2s but certainly not an "Autel" which is absolutely incapable of doing everything I want. Never have Autel and Yuneec with its H520 been able to schedule such smooth flights for me.

It is obvious. The Yuneec H520 uses the same platform as the Evo. Same lack of functions in flights. Blatant in missions, no turns between waypoints, no gradual climbs too. The Px4 platform is free to use and not everyone can afford the luxury of using DJI's successful module. At the slightest blow, we can therefore make a drone, but which has simple flight functionalities.
I have a H520, an Evo, same cause, same flight functions, same problems and guess who does better in smooth flight, in parabolic trajectories, my Mavic 2 Pro.
Even my Inspire in 2015 was already giving me Waypoint missions with curved trajectories and gradual ascents and descents without jerking.
Look for the 2015-2022 error, neither Yuneec nor Autel are able to give us that 7 years after Dji.
What a crap!

It is obvious.
Well, that is an authoritative source. No one is debating that DJI's software is not superior to Autel. But to just "assume" and then state as fact that Autel is using ArduPilot code is quite a leap. Why not just stick to the facts. Autel's software is lacking by comparison to DJI. That is a fact.

Reactions: agrofactory
Ahhhh hasnt spline waypoints been in ardupilot since 2017ish? and you absolutely could trigger a camera from the flight controller by distance?

Yes, that's the same answer I got a year and a half ago now with the Evo.
And since .... ? Nothing

Yes, that's the same answer I got a year and a half ago now with the Evo.
And since .... ? Nothing
I think the difference this time is Dronelink is in Beta Testing with the EVO II so competition is usually a good thing. Either way looks like automated control will in future be provided by either Dronelink or Litchi or both (fingers crossed)

I think the difference this time is Dronelink is in Beta Testing with the EVO II so competition is usually a good thing. Either way looks like automated control will in future be provided by either Dronelink or Litchi or both (fingers crossed)
Map Pilot has had limited support for the Evo2 for awhile now. The Autel SDK is still underwhelming by comparison to DJI's. No surprise there. Fingers crossed that they put more effort into it which in turn will help motivate developers to support Autel.

Reactions: Bussty
Well this is hopeful news!! No guarantees but they are thinking about it :)
View attachment 13278
Autel Robotics needs to sell a minimum threshold of drones of a particular model for Litchi to justify the investment of their resources into supporting them. DJI drones outsell Autel Robotics by 20 to 1! When Autel Robotics has less than 5% market share, it's a very hard sell! Availability of the SDK is only one of many conditions precedent.

There is a big difference between Litchi being "interested in" and "planning on" adding support, if and when Autel follows through on their own "plans to develop" the SDK. Lots of "ifs" in there. The EVO 2 SDK already exists, and Litchi still hasn't even committed to supporting it yet. Litchi, like others, is waiting for a threshold number of Autel owners to justify the additional development costs of also supporting Autel, in addition to all DJI aircraft, that are their real bread and butter!

Time will tell all, and hope springs eternal!
I have a "dog" in this fight too (pun intended!)! 🤣

Litchi, like others, is waiting for a threshold number of Autel owners to justify the additional development costs of also supporting Autel, in addition to all DJI aircraft, that are their real bread and butter!
All good points. I would add, however, that Litchi jumped into the DJI market when DJI was not the behemoth it is now. That put Litchi at a market advantage years later as one of, if not the most popular, DJI sdk apps. Developing a great app doesn't hurt! Would being in the same position with Autlel drones be a good investment? That's what we'll have to wait and see.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill