Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Virtual Mission?

flyingcarpent9

Reaction score
Has anyone set up a "Virtual Reality Mode" as written on page 34 in the Autel Explorer App User Manual?

Or has this gone away like many other things that were available but have now vanished by Autel Robotics removing them?

It appears to only be a feature in the Google Play version of the explorer app. First is a screenshot of the Google Play version of explorer
Screenshot_20230924_201916_Autel Explorer.jpg

And then a screenshot of all the missing modes on the smart controller
Screenshot_2023-09-24_20-21-04.png

Worth noting that my smart controller is a V3. And the Google Play version of the explorer app is meant for the V1 and V2. I don't believe they made a standard controller for the V3 that would even use the play app..

Worth noting that my smart controller is a V3. And the Google Play version of the explorer app is meant for the V1 and V2. I don't believe they made a standard controller for the V3 that would even use the play app..
So, if I understand correctly, the Virtual Reality Mode is an available feature if you have an Android phone with the Autel Explorer app downloaded to it. Well, that leaves me out as I have the App on the SE controller and not on an Android phone. Can't even get this feature on my SE controller despite it using an Android operating system.
This is what really bothers me about Autel Robotics, nothing is consistent between the controllers and features seem to "come and go" as they want without informing their customer base.

So, if I understand correctly, the Virtual Reality Mode is an available feature if you have an Android phone with the Autel Explorer app downloaded to it. Well, that leaves me out as I have the App on the SE controller and not on an Android phone. Can't even get this feature on my SE controller despite it using an Android operating system.
This is what really bothers me about Autel Robotics, nothing is consistent between the controllers and features seem to "come and go" as they want without informing their customer base.
Doesn't the Se Smart controller have a HDMI out? You can just use any goggle that has a HDMI in and your good. The virtual reality mode atleast for the Autel Evo 1 I used and it was only really good for head tracking tilting your head up and down which was not that useful. The VR mode your looking for all it does is turn your phone in to two seperate screens one for each eye on your phone and then you need to use special goggles to attach your phone to it. If your looking for a FPV type of flying and your Se controller will export its display via HDMI out, it should connect to any goggle that has HDMI and you will be able to see through the goggles what you see on your controller.

Doesn't the Se Smart controller have a HDMI out? You can just use any goggle that has a HDMI in and your good. The virtual reality mode atleast for the Autel Evo 1 I used and it was only really good for head tracking tilting your head up and down which was not that useful. The VR mode your looking for all it does is turn your phone in to two seperate screens one for each eye on your phone and then you need to use special goggles to attach your phone to it. If your looking for a FPV type of flying and your Se controller will export its display via HDMI out, it should connect to any goggle that has HDMI and you will be able to see through the goggles what you see on your controller.
Thanks for the info. Seems to me that the Virtual Reality Mode is pretty much worthless. Gives no added feature beyond what I can see on my SE controller.

Reactions: Madhungarian

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lmccaskill