Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video signal loss. Very frustrated.

Coffee999

Reaction score
My drone is fairly new and thinking of sending it back. Once I get out or up about 70 feet I start losing the video signal and the rest of the flight is constant reminders that I'm losing the signal. If I go up 200 feet or more, it will never regain the signal until I drop it down. I bought this for the photography, but can't use it because I can't keep a signal.

I'm using a iPhone 6. I've tried shutting down the WiFi and Bluetooth. Moved to different flight locations. Nothing is helping. Please help. That doesn't sound too desperate does it? :(

I will say that I want to love this drone. It fly's wonderfully. Now if the video would work I would be golden and happy.

Sorry for your frustration. Every Pilot here has experienced something similar. There's a lot of variables involved in maintaining a solid signal. There are several discussions here about that subject.

Not saying you are going to end up here but I had an XSP replaced under warranty for this problem. Hopefully others will chime in with suggestions that can get you flying without any sort of replacement.

I've read all the threads pertaining to loss of signal I could find, the only advice I've seen is to disable wifi and Bluetooth.

Sorry for your frustration. Every Pilot here has experienced something similar. There's a lot of variables involved in maintaining a solid signal. There are several discussions here about that subject.

Not saying you are going to end up here but I had an XSP replaced under warranty for this problem. Hopefully others will chime in with suggestions that can get you flying without any sort of replacement.

My drone is fairly new and thinking of sending it back. Once I get out or up about 70 feet I start losing the video signal and the rest of the flight is constant reminders that I'm losing the signal. If I go up 200 feet or more, it will never regain the signal until I drop it down. I bought this for the photography, but can't use it because I can't keep a signal.

I'm using a iPhone 6. I've tried shutting down the WiFi and Bluetooth. Moved to different flight locations. Nothing is helping. Please help. That doesn't sound too desperate does it? :(

I will say that I want to love this drone. It fly's wonderfully. Now if the video would work I would be golden and happy.

I have had L.O.S. problems before and after loading 2.0 firmware. What seems to have helped me was the purchase of a shorter braided USB cable.
Got it at Best Buy it is made for drones only 12 inches long. Wish I could give you part number or name but pitched my sales slip.

Hey @Coffee999 - you should try getting the material I did and make a shield between the iPhone and the antennas. Here is the material, you can get what's called a Faraday Bag on Amazon or just about anywhere online now. You don't even need to attach it to your phone, just put the material between your phone and the antennae.

20170822_205354.jpg

After working with customer support I'm happy to report that they determined there was something wrong with my XSP. They replaced the entire kit and I received my new one a few days ago. I haven't gotten even 1 video signal loss yet! My hats off to CS, Tim and Jacob. You made this as painless as possible and everything is made right and running great.

Reactions: PilotChris

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bailey54