Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video Show & Tell

Another run over to the park from the back yard. Clear skys with the sun behind the X-Star it was visible pretty much all the way there (2900 feet) until over the falls. One disadvantage with all these small folding drones on the market they are so small its hard to keep VLOS with them. ;) I lose site with my Anafi half ways there. LOL

Mostly Evo 1 footage of the Hiwassee Loop, a unique railroad feature in my area. Ground footage cameras were Canon HG 21s and a GoPro Hero 4 Black. The lighting was difficult and challenged the dynamic range of all the cameras.

Pretty cool video. Reminds me of a TV show that was on where they were building the railways in America. The fellow who was in charge was being chased by bandits or natives. He hid in a lower level of the hill and came up with the idea to circle the mountain with tracks instead of digging tunnels. LOL
I was disappointed they never started another season. Never heard anymore about it.

Pretty cool video. Reminds me of a TV show that was on where they were building the railways in America. The fellow who was in charge was being chased by bandits or natives. He hid in a lower level of the hill and came up with the idea to circle the mountain with tracks instead of digging tunnels. LOL
I was disappointed they never started another season. Never heard anymore about it.
There's a story behind this Loop. Short version is that the railroad originally used switchbacks to gain the 400ft of elevation. It required pusher locomotives and a manned station at the bottom. It was the late 1800s so power was steam. The crew in the station heard a train coming up the river and quickly readied their locomotive but a mistake caused a boiler explosion, killing one. That was the beginning of the end for the switchbacks. The loop was designed by T. A. Abner and completed in 1898.
That's about as short as I can make it ?

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
Watching the sparrows out of my back window drinking from the bird bath. Apparently this guy never heard the expression not to drink your own bath water. I used my canon T7i shooting through the glass.

The sparrows woke up to a 2 inch thick piece of ice in the bird bath. What is fascinating is the the sparrow in the back has learned how to drag his beak across the surface of the ice and get a beak full of slush if you look real close you can see where he gets it into his beak. All the rest just looked confused.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials