Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video only records for 4.50 minutes

Tom skerke

Reaction score
Why can’t my videos be continusly filming insead of being chopped up in segments.ive watch lots of utube videos and guys flying for 10 20 minutes and they have one continuous video.What gives here. What this thing chops all video taking never had that on any other drone I’ve owned.

Now yes, even Dji has started.
The 4k are divided into groups of about 4:48
The 2.7k are divided into groups of about 5:34.
It doesn't change anything, when editing, just connect them and it's invisible.
I find it better, if there is a problem with the card or if you forget to cut the video at the end, there is no risk of losing the whole video.

Last edited:
Sorry, I don't eat apples. Allergy obliges. Adobe pro does this very well too.

If I reformatted the sd card to exfat there would be no cut off point is that correct the footage would not be broken up into segments

No matter what format your SD card has, it will always divide the videos at the 4Gb mark. This is to prevent frame skipping when files get to large. All drone makers do this. With a video editor, just put the 2 videos together and you will get a single, seamless video. Just like you see on youtube.

Reactions: tealsmoke57
No matter what format your SD card has, it will always divide the videos at the 4Gb mark. This is to prevent frame skipping when files get to large. All drone makers do this. With a video editor, just put the 2 videos together and you will get a single, seamless video. Just like you see on youtube.
I have lumafusion. How do you seamless tie these segments in to each other to not have to use a transition in between clips thanks

Reactions: Nightbat2
From my experience any video editor will seamless tie segments together without doing anything other then dropping the next one into place.

In LumaFusion it does not there’s a very small space when setting the next clip next to each other .they don’t seam together.

It seems you have to use a transition between clips they don’t tie into each other

Or the glue does not take well between the fittings.
Maybe you have to try the SuperLimaGlue! moqueur dji.gif

Reactions: Rubik3x
Why can’t my videos be continuously filming instead of being chopped up in segments?ive watch lots of youtube videos and guys flying for 10 20 minutes and they have one continuous video. What gives here. What this thing chops all video taking never had that on any other drone I’ve owned.
It has to do with Post Production editing. Most of what you see has been edited from a host of short chopped videos. You don't think these guys are doing all these cool shots in 1 flight, do you? As I'm writing this I'm feeling I might have misunderstood your question.

Any good NLE will join them seamlessly. It is not just drones that have long videos split even expensive video cameras do the same thing.

I did a shoot today and got a clip that was 7:58..... I have multiple clips that are all over 4.5 min. So yes they can be larger that 4.5 min
It is the size of the file not the time length of the clip. Lower resolutions and bit rates will give longer times. Try 6k in h.265 and report back.

It is the size of the file not the time length of the clip. Lower resolutions and bit rates will give longer times. Try 6k in h.265 and report back.

Hahaha. That was a bait to see if anyone would catch on..?. The shoot today was 1080@60
H264. 6k H265 would be more like 2-3 min

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
celso