Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video link disconnected Help

lstill

Reaction score
Hey guys bought an x-star premium fly's fine in manual mode but when powering up 1st time got video interference message....Now it says video link disconnected.....tried using different usb cables to my Galaxy S10 phone.....cleaned the camera contacts with eraser....tried reloading Starlink app....still shows video link disconnected? the only other thing i noticed on the controller screen is "Firmware upgrade available" just wondering if the old version of the firmware might be causing this....any thoughts appreciated.....Flys great but no camera link....thanks Larry

First I would do the firmware upgrade but I really don't think that has anything to do with your problem. 99% of the time it is the contacts on the camera. Since you have already tried the eraser trick you might want to try some contact cleaner. Isoprophyl robbing alcohol works just fine for that or get a can of CRC contact cleaner which I carry in my Drone case.

Other option is trying a different phone or tablet. The video interference message could be caused from to close or right above your controller.
Like I said cleaning those contacts are most likely the cause. I know if mine sits for a long time like 2-3 months I have to clean them or else I have problems.

Update cleaned contacts thoroughly....reattached Gimbal and camera assembly ....still unable to get video feed and "video Link disconnected"? Not sure what elseto try.....the Drone flys perfectly but just no camera?

Have tried 3 cables,galaxy s10, my new Galaxy tablet....cleaned contacts 3 times....still same error message...starting to think may be an internal issue in the drone.

Unfortunately I am thinking you are right. Starting to sound like the WiFi board is fried. If it is I would think Autel could replace it. How much it will cost and is it worth would be up to you. Selling it for parts might be another option.

Think your right.....On my first post i mentioned that i hooked the charger to the communication port next to the usb ports....couple of the guys said they had done this too with no ill effects.....just wondering if this would toast the wi-fi board.....thank u so much for your reply think it is an internal issue....wonder if u could buy the board and get aelectronics tech to install it? thanks again Larry

Finding parts on ebay is kind of hard but you might get lucky. Trouble is you really don't know what the real problem is and you might be spending money and not come up with the right solution. Autel will not sell you parts but will take yours in for repair. They are pretty good with labour rates from what I have heard. At least they could pin point what the real problem is and then you could go from there.

Reactions: Tufargon
hey guys, one other question I would assume that the remote is talking to the Drone....follows commands from the remote comes home on command.in manual mode flies perfect....just wondering if the camera had issues would this generate the video link disconnect error message? Don't mind sending it in for the repair but hate to spend as much as a refurb on ebay fixing it ....you can get a complete refurb unit for under 500.....Anyone had experience with repair cost from Autel.....has to be shipped from Florida to California....anyway thanks for the input....i guess i'm one of the Drone newbies on the forum!

Yes. Problems with the camera can cause the disconnect. I suggest you send it in to Autel. The repairs for a new camera is about $325.

First I would do the firmware upgrade but I really don't think that has anything to do with your problem. 99% of the time it is the contacts on the camera. Since you have already tried the eraser trick you might want to try some contact cleaner. Isoprophyl robbing alcohol works just fine for that or get a can of CRC contact cleaner which I carry in my Drone case.

Other option is trying a different phone or tablet. The video interference message could be caused from to close or right above your controller.
Like I said cleaning those contacts are most likely the cause. I know if mine sits for a long time like 2-3 months I have to clean them or else I have problems.
Video link disconnects when i fly the drone over 30 feets if the drone flys under 30 feets the video link signal if fine how can i fix it

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials