Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Video From This Morning ( Lake superior Ice )

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
After dropping my son off at school instead of driving the 28.8 km back home I took the time to visit Silver Harbor up the lake shore, another 29.6 km east. Had my Autel X-Star and my Git2P action camera. The sun was in my eyes for 95% of the time and my dirty windshield did not help :)
A great morning to fly a UAV before the wind picked up but with the sun shining on the ice it was challenging to find the right camera settings. Don't think I ever did :(
Was just good to get out and see all the ice with no snow after the heavy rain last week.

Very nice, cold, and colder...Wow, so many tire tracks!! It looks like some folks drive all the way to Duluth! It just seems so crazy to drive out there, but I guess there are circumstances were it’s reasonably safe. Say your XSP’s battery took a dump, and landed 1/2 mile out. Would you walk-out and get it? ;)

Very nice, cold, and colder...Wow, so many tire tracks!! It looks like some folks drive all the way to Duluth! It just seems so crazy to drive out there, but I guess there are circumstances were it’s reasonably safe. Say your XSP’s battery took a dump, and landed 1/2 mile out. Would you walk-out and get it? ;)

Hell no I be driving to the dang thing don't you know LOL With a beer between my legs and Willy Nelson on the radio :)

In my younger days we used to be out 5 miles on the ice and watching the ice breaker 20 miles away in Thunder Bay harbor. You could feel the ice going up and down like a wave. I'm not so much into that kind of excitement any more :)

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
In my younger days we used to be out 5 miles on the ice and watching the ice breaker 20 miles away in Thunder Bay harbor. You could feel the ice going up and down like a wave. I'm not so much into that kind of excitement any more :)

Wow, 5 miles!! Yea, if we all listed the questionable stuff we did “in our younger days” we could start a new forum! :)

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaseth