Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Vid editing software

Erick

Reaction score
What are you Mac guys using to do simple edits to your video? I don't like imovie, so I've been using gopro studio, but it's been having a lot of crashes lately. Looking for something simple to use for cutting up my pumpkins video.

No problem
Hope to see some great video.
There are a lot of good free software out there but being free most will not do 4K if that is what you want. I am not a Mac user but follow posts on recommendations for the Mac. One that seems to pop up very often is DaVinci Resolve. I have used it on windows and for me I have found the learning curve pretty hard but it is also free with limitations :)
Blackmagic Design: DaVinci Resolve 14

Been using iMovie and FCP, but both seem painfully slow to render the 4k clips on my Mac. I tried a program called Wondershare Filmora ( [OFFICIAL]Filmora Wondershare Video Editor | Download Video Editing Software ), it's not bad at all.
Basic simple program, VERY easy to use, it has some decent effects pre-installed. Color, speed changes, you can add music and even edit that. Nice exporting to full 4K.

SKJd2Jx.png

1ueC6AE.png

Probably not in the "simple" category, but have you considered Adobe Premiere Pro CC? The learning curve is little higher than some other editors, but you can do pretty much anything you want with it, given the amount of tutorials on Youtube and elsewhere.

Probably not in the "simple" category, but have you considered Adobe Premiere Pro CC? The learning curve is little higher than some other editors, but you can do pretty much anything you want with it, given the amount of tutorials on Youtube and elsewhere.
Yeah I have older Premiere Pro CS5 and CS6...these were always my goto programs for everything, especially since I have a lot of plug-ins custom LUTS on these. Again it is a beast when rendering, especially in 4k, which I had to create a custom template for..
I do have an older iMac, 2013 (ancient in computer terms I suppose?)

My next investment will be to upgrade my computer hopefully by the middle / end of Summer, heck maybe dig up my brothers older 2 year old goofy Dell PC he gave me and see if I can fix and upgrade the specs on it.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigmaxsg