Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

USING EVO ON CAR MOUNT

Nightbat2

Reaction score
Rather than buy a handheld gimbal, i’d like to mount my Evo to take travelling shots through the open passenger window on a car (obviously not with the motors running). Any suggestions how to mount it? I have a couple of lightweight tripods that could be adapted, but would need something to connect the drone to the tripod.

With all the pretty good and cheap knock off GoPros from China I would think that would be a better option. They come with many different mounting kits. This is one I use and has very good video and stabilization.

or the newer one that is 4K

Reactions: Nightbat2
With all the pretty good and cheap knock off GoPros from China I would think that would be a better option. They come with many different mounting kits. This is one I use and has very good video and stabilization.

or the newer one that is 4K

Thanks, I’ll have a look.

I think you will find the gimbal moves more then you’d think as it tries to keep level. I’ve tossed my Anafi on my dash and done time lapse drives with it. The gimbal tilts down when stopped then rolls back up again when accelerating. I’m not sure how the Evo will do since side to side and horizon leveling is not always its strong point.

Reactions: Nightbat2
I think you will find the gimbal moves more then you’d think as it tries to keep level. I’ve tossed my Anafi on my dash and done time lapse drives with it. The gimbal tilts down when stopped then rolls back up again when accelerating. I’m not sure how the Evo will do since side to side and horizon leveling is not always its strong point.
Thanks. I was thinking of using 60fps or maybe higher Ar 1080.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d