Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Uneven Evo II Enterprise Airframe.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8818
  • Start date
I flew my Enterprise for the first time yesterday and no issues, but around 4 k feet the SC screen started glitching and lost signal. Then I tried my V1 Evo 2 Pro with standard controller, it got little more than 10k feet with no issues. Anyway, need to do more test with the Enterprise. ( all test was with the same location).
I'm seeing the same thing at about 3500 ft, but I was in a pretty heavily signal-congested area.

Reactions: edgardcafe
Upgraded to the BETA firmware found here: EVO II Downloads
And both the disconnect and "auto" issues I was having with visual transmission are fixed.
- Hal

You won't be able to upgrade the SC Explorer app as the one it has is unique to the Enterprise setup, but I can confirm that it functions well with the beta firmware.

Make sure to confirm that the release notes firmware versions for all components match yours when the update completes.

Reactions: SARty
Sorry, I'm using the Evo II Enterprise that came with the V2 smart controller as part of the package.
I installed this firmware:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/852p9vw1zw952g8/Model-C_WiMaxPad_FW_V2.1.61.zip?dl=0

Found at the bottom of this page here: EVO II Downloads

Make sure to check out the release notes.

To install, copy the contents of the downloaded FW to the root directory of the SD card on your Airframe. This can be done by connecting the airframe to your PC using a physical cable and copying the files, or you can remove the SD card and transfer the files using a SD Card reader and your PC.

If you use a cable make sure to plug the cable into your PC and Airframe before you power on your airframe. This allows it to activate the drives without going through the gimble check or other startup activities.

After you transfer the files and and replace the SD card (if necessary) power off your airframe and then power it back on.

Power on your SC and open the explorer app. You'll see the controller connect and the update start automatically.

Ignore any other update prompts if they appear.

When the update completes reboot both the SC and airframe.

Then check your firmware component versions to confirm they match these:

Firmware Version Table and Release Notes​

This firmware package V2.7.30 (EVO II V1) and V2.1.61 (EVO II V2) contain the following component updates:

COMPONENTEVO II V1EVO II V2
Flight ControlV0.0.4.63V0.0.4.63
CameraV0.2.33.1V0.2.32.86
Remote ControllerV2.0.4.12
3.1.0.10(Smart Controller)
V4.0.0.11
3.1.0.10(Smart Controller
RC PanelV3.0.14.0
N/A(Smart Controller)
V4.0.3.7
N/A(Smart Controller)
Image TransmissionV1.1.1.49V2.0.1.42
RC Image TransmissionV1.1.1.49V2.0.1.42
Gimbal0.1.55.00.1.55.0
BatteryV0.0.16.0V0.0.16.0
Vision ModuleV0.2.33.1V0.2.32.86
SonarV1.2.1.25V4.0.0.1
ESC1-4V1.0.3.6V1.0.3.6

Release Notes:​

• New Features:
  • - Added EVO II Enterprise aircraft support

• Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
  • - Fixed EVO II RTK Rinex file error
  • - Fixed panorama photo compiling error
  • - Optimized precision landing performance
  • - Fixed EVO II 640T temperature warning invalid issue
  • - Fixed RC connection stability issue on EVO II V2
  • - Fixed firmware upgrade failure issue on EVO II V2
  • - Optimized image transmission signal performance on EVO II V2

I'm using it with the only Autel Explorer App version that will work with this setup, which is not available anywhere I can find and came pre-installed: V1.0.59

2021_10_06_02_56_38.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I don't know the history. Is the Android app supposed to work on the Smart Controller, or it has it's own distinct app? I don't see any app info for the Smart Contoller at all, Enterprise or otherwise on Autel's download page.

Yeah, I don't know the history. Is the Android app supposed to work on the Smart Controller, or it has it's own distinct app? I don't see any app info for the Smart Controller at all, Enterprise or otherwise on Autel's download page.
I have no idea, and I can't find any documentation either.
I have talked with the folks @advexure and confirmed with them that their enterprise Evo II has the same version of the app, so... based on that I'm guessing that there is now, and continue to be a Enterprise SC only App... or Perhaps a General SC only app. (Clarify V2 SC App).

No idea though because there's no documentation, @Blade Strike. Thoughts?

Reactions: Dave Pitman
I flew my Enterprise for the first time yesterday and no issues, but around 4 k feet the SC screen started glitching and lost signal. Then I tried my V1 Evo 2 Pro with standard controller, it got little more than 10k feet with no issues. Anyway, need to do more test with the Enterprise. ( all test was with the same location).
That's a significant difference between SC v1 and SC v2 Ent... especially when it was indicated to improve. That's disappointing to hear.

Anymore test or info on this difference?

I have no idea, and I can't find any documentation either.
I have talked with the folks @advexure and confirmed with them that their enterprise Evo II has the same version of the app, so... based on that I'm guessing that there is now, and continue to be a Enterprise SC only App... or Perhaps a General SC only app. (Clarify V2 SC App).

No idea though because there's no documentation, @Blade Strike. Thoughts?
The SC currently has its own app. Its updated via setting/general/ software update

There's currently no beta app for the SC.

I don't have Maps or XRecorder. I know we can install apks directly so I'm assuming that is what you did?
Ah, I installed maps, but XRecorder was already installed... another difference between Enterprise kits.
Anyone else want to share what came pre-installed on their Enterprise Smart Controller?

Just received my Evo 2 Pro Enterprise, and there is no issue with any of the arms that I can tell with my eye, I'm sure with a micrometer I could fine a discrepancy, but I'm happy with my. Unit! Updating the firmware now! cant wait to get it in the air.

Just received my Evo 2 Pro Enterprise, and there is no issue with any of the arms that I can tell with my eye, I'm sure with a micrometer I could fine a discrepancy, but I'm happy with my. Unit! Updating the firmware now! cant wait to get it in the air.
That's great to hear.
I was contacted by Autel support in response to my support request and they said that they'd authorize a return and exchange, which Advexure followed up on and offered a complete kit swap. Not just the drone. They said they'd make "best effort" for replacing my drone with one that was better but that was all. They then sent me a mailing label to return the whole kit for the swap process. I declined this swap for the time being.

Autel also said they'd forwared the incident to their engineering team for advice on if the arm gap and angle differences in my drone would cause any issues now or down the road or affect the warranty in any way. I have not heard back on this point. I'm following up on that today.

I replied back to Advexure and said that without knowing for sure that the replacement drone was better, that a full swap would put me in a position of too much downtime and that I'd like to see what the engineering team has to say about this incidient. As of now I have not had any flight or other issues with the drone and it may be that the arm spacing and angles are of no consequence other than superficial.

I just want to be able to proceed with my missions, and minimize downtime while making sure I'm not overlooking an issue that can harm me or the drone down the road.

I very much appreciate Autel and Advexure's attention to this and wish I was able to be more relaxed about just sending my kit back and hoping for the best in the swap process.

The latest word is that I'm waiting for word back from Autel's engineering on the status of the review of my drone and I've delcined Advexure's offer for a full kit return and swap till I know more. I don't want to waste anyone's time on a "best effort". For a full swap to be a viable option I'd need confirmation that the new drone was better if not 100% perfect, a condition I know is both limiting the support Advexure can provide me and perhaps an impossibility.

@advexure Thank you for your excellent service.

- Hal

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy