Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Uneven Evo II Enterprise Airframe.

• Thread starter Deleted member 8818
  • Start date
I replied back to Advexure and said that without knowing for sure that the replacement drone was better, that a full swap would put me in a position of too much downtime and that I'd like to see what the engineering team has to say about this incidient.

For a full swap to be a viable option I'd need confirmation that the new drone was better if not 100% perfect, a condition I know is both limiting the support Advexure can provide me and perhaps an impossibility.

Sounds good overall, but why can't someone just open the case and inspect the airframe quickly before sending it off?

Sounds good overall, but why can't someone just open the case and inspect the airframe quickly before sending it off?
I think they can, and that's more or less what they offered to do, the thing is that each case they open then becomes a non-factory sealed case and may have implications for them.
Also, their use of the words "best effort" lead me to believe that even if they do open up the cases, they're not confident they'll find anything better but variations on the same issue.

That's where the reply from Autel becomes important. If the isssue I'm seeing is normal and expected from this first run product. Then that's it. There is no problem. If however this is unexpected and unusual AND could cause issues or void my warranty if I don't exchange... then that's another issue.

Reactions: SARty
That's great to hear.
I was contacted by Autel support in response to my support request and they said that they'd authorize a return and exchange, which Advexure followed up on and offered a complete kit swap. Not just the drone. They said they'd make "best effort" for replacing my drone with one that was better but that was all. They then sent me a mailing label to return the whole kit for the swap process. I declined this swap for the time being.

Autel also said they'd forwared the incident to their engineering team for advice on if the arm gap and angle differences in my drone would cause any issues now or down the road or affect the warranty in any way. I have not heard back on this point. I'm following up on that today.

I replied back to Advexure and said that without knowing for sure that the replacement drone was better, that a full swap would put me in a position of too much downtime and that I'd like to see what the engineering team has to say about this incidient. As of now I have not had any flight or other issues with the drone and it may be that the arm spacing and angles are of no consequence other than superficial.

I just want to be able to proceed with my missions, and minimize downtime while making sure I'm not overlooking an issue that can harm me or the drone down the road.

I very much appreciate Autel and Advexure's attention to this and wish I was able to be more relaxed about just sending my kit back and hoping for the best in the swap process.

The latest word is that I'm waiting for word back from Autel's engineering on the status of the review of my drone and I've delcined Advexure's offer for a full kit return and swap till I know more. I don't want to waste anyone's time on a "best effort". For a full swap to be a viable option I'd need confirmation that the new drone was better if not 100% perfect, a condition I know is both limiting the support Advexure can provide me and perhaps an impossibility.

@advexure Thank you for your excellent service.

- Hal
@halzucati,
After the couple issues I had that Advexure resolved (replacing my kit) my air craft has one rear leg a bit closer to the gimbal when closed, along one front arm a tiny bit closer to the air frame. I've flown it a handful of times and all seems well. I will take some pictures and send them off to @advexure and @Autel, to document my Aircraft differences and see what they have to say.

Attachments

• IMG_6640.jpg
    IMG_6640.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6641.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg
    530.4 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6642.jpg
    IMG_6642.jpg
    301.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6643.jpg
    IMG_6643.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 5
@halzucati,
After the couple issues I had that Advexure resolved (replacing my kit) my air craft has one rear leg a bit closer to the gimbal when closed, along one front arm a tiny bit closer to the air frame. I've flown it a handful of times and all seems well. I will take some pictures and send them off to @advexure and @Autel, to document my Aircraft differences and see what they have to say.
This is exactly what I'm saying... another example of the issue in a different way. If this normal and expected we should be told that officially and that it won't affect our warranty. If it's not, then fully correct airframes should be exchanged without effecting our warranty use.

Just need to hear this from Autel officially.
@Blade Strike for FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Martyc6
I think they can, and that's more or less what they offered to do, the thing is that each case they open then becomes a non-factory sealed case and may have implications for them.

That makes sense, I didn't realize the cases had a factory seal, or that they weren't activating and updating everything before sending them out.

I appreciate that @advexure and Autel are looking to make it right and I respect the way you're handling it. Folks, this is what good dealer/customer relationships are all about!

That makes sense, I didn't realize the cases had a factory seal, or that they weren't activating and updating everything before sending them out.

I appreciate that @advexure and Autel are looking to make it right and I respect the way you're handling it. Folks, this is what good dealer/customer relationships are all about!
I'm not sure that they're not... but they didn't check, update or activate mine. Tip of the spear baby! :p.

This is exactly what I'm saying... another example of the issue in a different way. If this normal and expected we should be told that officially and that it won't affect our warranty. If it's not, then fully correct airframes should be exchanged without affecting our warranty use.

Just need to hear this from Autel officially.
@Blade Strike for FYI
This would not affect warranty in any way. The issue is the cf arms are manufactured differently and there’s no way to make them 100% identical. There’s going to be small tolerance difference that do not effect flight or handling.

This would not affect warranty in any way. The issue is the cf arms are manufactured differently and there’s no way to make them 100% identical. There’s going to be small tolerance difference that do not effect flight or handling.
Right, makes sense. That's been my experience. Thank you!

This issue is NOT unique to Carbon Fiber arms. I wrote Autel and sent pics when I got my V2 (not Enterprise) in August and was told the same story. I was concerned about the geometry of the arms when open. The position when closed in my case is not from the arms, as far as I can tell. Assuming the spring loaded hub is consistently manufactured, it would have to be its placement in the frame. Whether the frame is not formed properly or not is pure conjecture unless and until someone inspects the drone internally.
20210914_105522.jpg
20210914_102622.jpg
20210914_102704.jpg
These and others were sent to Autel in August.

Reactions: SARty

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials